Aileen Gariepy MD, MPH, FACOG
Assistant Professor of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences and Assistant Clinical Professor of Nursing
Decision analysis and modeling of female sterilization procedures; Patient-centered outcomes; Digoxin; Post-abortal contraception
My research focuses on using decision analysis, comparative effectiveness, and patient-centered outcomes research to address unintended pregnancy, contraception, and abortion.
- Gariepy AM, Creinin MD, Smith KJ, Xiao X. Probability of pregnancy after sterilization: A comparison of hysteroscopic and laparoscopic sterilization. Contraception. 2014 Apr 24. PubMed PMID: 24767963.
- Lundsberg LS, Pal L, Gariepy A, Xu X, Chu M, Illuzzi JL. Knowledge, attitudes and practices regarding conception and fertility: a population-based survey among reproductive age U.S. women. Fertil Steril. 2014 Jan 29. PubMed PMID: 24484995.
- Gariepy AM, Creinin MD, Schwarz EB, Smith KJ. Reliability of laparoscopic compared with hysteroscopic sterilization at 1 year. Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2011 Aug;118:273-9.
- Gariepy A, Simon E, Patel D, Creinin M, Schwarz E. The impact of out-of-pocket expense on IUD utilization among women with private insurance. Contraception. [accepted for April 2012 publication]
- Gariepy AM, Chen BA, Hohmann HL, Achilles SL, Russo JA, Creinin MD.
Transvaginal administration of intraamniotic digoxin prior to dilation and
evacuation. Contraception. 2012 Sep 6. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID:
- Odiari EA, Mulla MJ, Sfakianaki AK, Paidas MJ, Stanwood NL, Gariepy A, Brosens
JJ, Chamley LW, Abrahams VM. Pravastatin does not prevent antiphospholipid
antibody-mediated changes in human first trimester trophoblast function. Hum
Reprod. 2012 Oct;27(10):2933-40. Epub 2012 Aug 11. PubMed PMID: 22888169.