Aileen Gariepy MD, MPH, FACOG
Assistant Professor of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences and Assistant Clinical Professor of Nursing
Aileen M. Gariepy, MD, MPH joined Yale as Assistant Professor in the Sections of Family Planning and Comparative Effectiveness Research in the Spring of 2011. Most recently, she came from the University of Pittsburgh and Magee Women’s Hospital, where she completed her Fellowship in Family Planning. During fellowship, Dr. Gariepy also earned a MPH and completed the Physicians for Reproductive Choice and Health’s Leadership Training Academy.
She is a magna cum laude graduate of Cornell University and earned her MD from MCP Hahnemann School of Medicine. Dr. Gariepy completed her residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital where she served as Chief Resident. She then joined the faculty at Jefferson, earning a Berlex Foundation Junior Faculty Development Award and numerous teaching awards.
During fellowship, she served as co-investigator for multiple NIH-funded trials, including several for the Contraceptive Clinical Trial Network and the Microbicides Trial Network. Her research interests include decision analysis and comparative effectiveness in obstetrics and gynecology. She was recently awarded a Society of Family Planning research grant to study pregnancy rates after different sterilization methods.
Education & Training
- Cornell University (1996)
- MCP Hahnemann School of Medicine (2001)
- University of Pittsburg Graduate Studies (2010)
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Obstetrics & Gynecology (2001 - 2005)
- University of Pittsburgh, Family Planning (2009 - 2010)
- Board Certification
- Obstetrics & Gynecology, Board Certified (2010)
Honors & Recognition
- Outstanding Student Award
Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh (2011)
- Berlex Foundation Junior Faculty Development Award
Berlex Foundation (2007)
- John B. Franklin Award
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital (2005)
- Arnold P. Gold Foundation, Humanism & Excellence in Teaching Award
Gold Foundation, Jefferson Medical School Class of 2005 (2004)