Anticipated Outcomes of the Community Research Experience
- Education and training in community-based and collaborative research that will have transferability to other settings.
- Strengthening relationships in New Haven for the benefit of community-based projects of current and future Scholars.
- Advancing knowledge on community research experiences in a scholarly manuscript.
- Creating community products for the benefit of the New Haven community and others. Examples include:
- A report of community leaders’ perspectives on the use of data to improve health
- A Photovoice exhibit of the roots and effects of violence by New Haven youth
- A report evaluating the New Haven Street Outreach Workers Program to reduce violence
- Survey about teenage pregnancy for students in New Haven
- Building the basis for a project to increase access to healthcare for the uninsured