CyTOF 2: Time-of-Flight mass spectrometer for high-speed acquisition of highly multi-parametric single cell data
The CyTOF 2 analyzes cells labeled with stable heavy metal isotopes using time-of-flight atomic mass cytometry technology.
- Multi-parametric single cell data, deep profiling
- Detect up to 34 parameters simultaneously in a single tube (with theoretical limit of 100 parameters)
- Detect more from limited samples
- Advantages over traditional flow cytometry: No background, no overlap between channels, no compensation issues
- The CyTOF is checked daily for optimal performance. Ala Nassar is available during work hours for consultation
Reagents: Labeled antibodies are available from DVS Sciences (DVSSciences.com) including metal-conjugated individual antibodies (>200); ready to use MaxPar Panel Kits comprised of 6-17 well-characterized markers for human or mouse cell populations; and metal labeling reagents for in-house conjugation of antibodies. Note that metal conjugated anti-fluorochrome antibodies (e.g. anti-FITC) are also available that can be used with existing fluorescent reagents.
Biosafety Policies: All infectious, human, and non-human primate cells must be fixed before they are analyzed on the CyTOF.
Charges: Analysis is available as a fee for service and usage with Ala Nassar or by independent users after completing training. Non-Yale users will be accommodated as possible. Please contact Dr. Montgomery.