IMG Applicant Requirements
- A minimum of 2 months of hands-on direct clinical experience in a US or Canadian accredited teaching hospital. We will not interview candidates who have not obtained this required clinical experience. Observerships or externship with direct clinical responsibility is most desired.
- In order to be considered for a position in our program, applicants from medical schools located outside the US and Canada MUST have graduated from medical school in the last 5 years.
- Passed USMLE Step I & II Knowledge test on the first attempt.
- Passed USMLE Step 2 Clinical Skills on the first attempt.
- USMLE Step 3 is not required to apply.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- You must be eligible for an ECFMG Certificate in order to apply. A copy of your certificate must be received before you start.
- All applicants who match with us are responsible for all visa fees.
- Matched applicants will be advised as to which Visa they are eligible for by their Program Director and the Office of Graduate Medical Education.
- All matched applicants must obtain a valid visa prior to intern orientation (around June 12 yearly).
- J1 Visa: We encourage J1 visas for eligible matched applicants. We refer matched interns to the ECFMG website regarding all the necessary paperwork.
- H1-b Visa: Should you be eligible for H1-b visa, we will refer you to a legal office regarding the necessary paperwork.