House Staff Benefits
Yale-New Haven Hospital offers its residents a comprehensive benefits package. Below are a few benefit highlights. Click here for additional house staff benefit details.
|Salary from 7/1/12 to 6/30/13|
Professional leaves are determined at the discretion of the department on an individual basis due to need.
Family/Medical Leave of Absence
Employee and Family Resource Program
Financial Benefits Program
Healthcare Benefits - Healthcare benefits are provided to house staff and dependents at no cost to the resident
Matching Tax Sheltered Annuity (TSA) Plan
Personal Insurance Options
Additionally, house staff are provided with...
- on-call rooms for every service
- declining balance swipe cards for meals when on-call overnight; also, there are several canteens available for use when the cafeterias are closed.
- white lab coats and scrubs (laundry services and personal embroidery are not provided)
- a lounge for house staff with TV, VCR, 24-hour brewed coffee, food provided every night, refrigerator, SCM terminal
- A Stipend of $1,400 is available to every intern and resident each fiscal year between the dates 10/1 to 9/30. A new intern beginning employment in June, may begin purchasing items after their first day of employment and save those receipts to submit for reimbursement on 10/1. Interns and residents may use the stipend to be reimbursed for the following items: PDA’s, iPhone, medical books paper or electronic, journal subscription fees, medical software, association dues, production fees for presentation materials, licensing fees, examination fees (USMLE and Boards), Stethoscopes, tuning forks, otoscopes, ophthalmoscopies, travel expenses to approved medical conferences, mileage to rotations or clinics off-site.
Yale-New Haven Hospital does not provide Housing or subsidy for housing.
Yale-New Haven Hospital does not provide moving expenses or subsidy for moving.
Yale-New Haven Hospital requires mandatory drug testing for new employees. Failure to submit to such testing will disqualify a person from employment.
For additional information about employee benefits, contact the Benefits Office at 688-2401
Equal Employment Opportunity, Male/Female/Disabled/Veteran