YCAAD Research Program
Yale-New Haven Hospital is the largest referral center in the state and YCAAD is the only dedicated adult asthma center in the region. The Center receives over 3000 visits a year and is the hub of the clinical/translational research program at Yale. As Director of YCAAD, Dr. Geoffrey Chupp has developed a clinical research protocol, The Mechanisms and Mediators of Asthma and COPD (HIC 12268), that has recruited over 400 airway disease subjects to donate samples to the YCAAD repository and participate in YCAAD research activities. The evolution of this research protocol dovetailed with the clinical program, creating a unique system that efficiently recruits patients into clinical study protocols. This protocol has resulted in the development of a large sample repository of clinical and physiologic data, DNA, plasma and lung specimens from asthmatics that are stable or flaring (including the intensive care unit). All the data is uploaded into a powerful web-based database. The information enters the system in real-time and is used to advance the understanding of the causes of Asthma and Airway Disease.
- SPLUNC1 is a Tightly Regulated Airway Sensor in Innate and Adaptive Immunity.
- Chitinase-Like Protein Brp-39/YKL-40 Modulates the Renal Response to Ischemic Injury and Predicts Delayed Allograft Function.
- IFN-γ acts on the airway epithelium to inhibit local and systemic pathology in allergic airway disease.
- Role of breast regression protein-39 in the pathogenesis of cigarette smoke-induced inflammation and emphysema.
- Targeting ST2L potentiates CpG-mediated therapeutic effects in a chronic fungal asthma model.
- Pathways activated during human asthma exacerbation as revealed by gene expression patterns in blood.
- Epithelial reticulon 4B (Nogo-B) is an endogenous regulator of Th2-driven lung inflammation.
- CHIT1 mutations: genetic risk factor for severe asthma with fungal sensitization?
- Regulation of immature dendritic cell migration by RhoA guanine nucleotide exchange factor Arhgef5.
- The chitinase and chitinase-like proteins: a review of genetic and functional studies in asthma and immune-mediated diseases.