Wassim H. Fares MD MSc
Assistant Professor of Medicine (Pulmonary)
1. Fares WH, CarsonSS. TheRelationship Between Positive End Expiratory Pressure and Cardiac Index inPatients With Early Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome. (sub-study of the ARDSnet FACTT trial). (Under review).
2. Biomarkers in Pulmonary Hypertension.
- Fares WH, Carson SS. The relationship between positive end expiratory pressure and cardiac index in patients with acute respiratory distress syndrome. Journal of Critical Care. 2013, Aug (http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jcrc.2013.06.021). PMID: 23993772.
- Fares WH. Subgroup analysis comment on: Amiodarone and the risk of cancer. Cancer. 2013, August (DOI: 10.1002/cncr.28266). (letter to the editor) PMID: PMID: 23983098
- Fares WH. Not all catheter-days are equal (letter to the editor commenting on: The risk of catheter-related bloodstream infection with femoral venous catheters as compared to subclavian and internal jugular venous catheters: A systematic review of the literature and meta-analysis). Critical Care Medicine. 2013, 41(2):e14. PMID: 23353964.
- Fares WH, FordHJ, Ghio AJ, Aris RM. Safety and Feasibility of Obtaining Wedged PA Samples & Differential Distribution of Biomarkers in Pulmonary Hypertension. Pulmonary Circulation. 2012, 2(4):477-82.
- Fares WH, Blanchard SK, StoufferGA, Chang PP, Rosamond WD, Ford HJ, Aris RM. Thermodilution and Fick Cardiac Outputs Differ: Impact on PulmonaryHypertension Evaluation. Canadian Respiratory Journal, 2012, 19(4): 261-266.
- Fares WH, Trow TK. Targeted Approaches to the Treatment of Pulmonary Hypertension. Ther Adv Respir Dis, 2012. PubMed ID: 22438264.
- Fares WH, Weber DJ. Transmission of resistant bacteria in intensive care. New England Journal of Medicine. 2011 Aug 25;365(8):763-4. PMID: 21864172.
- Fares WH, Ford HJ, Aris RM. Pulmonary Hypertension: Clinical Presentation, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Dana Point World Symposium Highlights. Current Respiratory Medicine Reviews. 2011, August: 7(4): 279-288.
- Fares WH. Response to: Lung protectivemechanical ventilation and two year survival in patients with acute lunginjury: Prospective cohort study. BMJ 2012;344: e2124 (letter to the editor).
- Fares WH. Management of Acute Decompensated Heart Failure in an Evidence-Based Era: What is the Evidence Behind the Current Standard of Care? Heart & Lung. 2008, May-Jun;37(3):173-8. PMID: 18482628.