Kathleen M Akgün MD, MS
Assistant Professor of Medicine (Pulmonary)
Departments & Organizations
Critical care, Pulmonary disease in HIV and other immunocompromised hosts, Aging, HIV and critical illness Palliative and end of life care in the intensive care unit (ICU), Resident debriefing and emotional distress during training more...
- B.S., Rutgers University, 1997
- M.D., University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 2001
- M.S., Yale Graduate School of Public Health, 2014
- Akgün KM, Gordon K, Pisani M, Fried T, McGinnis KA, Tate JP, Butt AA, Gibert CL, Huang L, Rodriguez-Barradas MC, Rimland D, Justice AC, Crothers K. Risk factors for hospitalization and medical intensive care unit (MICU) admission among HIV infected Veterans. J Acquired Immunodef Syndrome. 2013 Jan 1;62(1):52-9. PMID: 23111572.
- Akgün KM, Tate JP, Pisani M, Fried T, Butt AA, Gibert CL, Huang L, Rodriguez-Barradas MC, Rimland D, Justice AC, Crothers K. Medical ICU admission diagnoses and outcomes in Human Immunodeficiency Virus-infected and Virus-uninfected Veterans in the combination antiretroviral era. Crit Care Med. 2013; 41(6): 1458-67. PMID: 23507717.
- Akgün K and Siegel MD. Using standardized family members to teach end-of-life skills to critical care trainees. Crit Care Med, 2012; 40(6):1978-80. PMID: 22610211.