Painters & Repairers Education Program (PREP)
The PREP Study is attempting to reduce isocyanate, dust and solvent exposures for autobody shop workers in Connecticut. We have produced a user-friendly DVD-based training program with a great deal of input from the autobody community. The DVD contains information for painters, autobody technicians and anyone else working around a body shop, including:
- the health hazards in autobody repair
- where to get information about products you use
- good work practices
- what PPE to wear
All the materials we develop in this project will be put on this website, including the videos on the DVD. Some of the content includes:
- information about Yale autobody research
- information for autobody workers
- shop information, such as booths, ventilated sanders, health and safety
- manager tools, e.g. OSHA requirements, changing work practices, etc.
- resources and links for further information
- videos on health and safety in autobody work
- frequently asked questions (FAQs)
What can you do?
Please use our website and see what information you can find. We would greatly appreciate any comments, suggestions or feedback on our website or DVD program. Please email us.
Also, a two-year evaluation of the DVD-based program in 20 body shops has recently started. We are looking for shops and autobody suppliers in the New Haven, CT area to participate; if interested, please contact us.
The Donaghue Foundation
This project was supported by a grant from The Patrick and Catherine Donaghue Medical Research Foundation.