Yasuko Iwakiri PhD
Associate Professor of Medicine (Digestive Diseases)
Departments & Organizations
Portal hypertension; Nitric oxide; S-nitrosylation; CD147 (EMMPRIN, Basigin); Reticulon 4B (Nogo-B); Liver fibrosis; Liver regeneration; Vascular biology more...
- B.S., Miyazaki University, Japan, 1988
- M.S., Oregon State University, 1995
- Ph.D., Colorado State University, 2000
- DiLorenzo, A., Lin, M., Murata, T., Landskroner-Eiger, S., Schleicher, M., Kothiya, M., Iwakiri, Y., Yu, J., Huang, P., and Sessa, W. eNOS derived nitric oxide regulates endothelial barrier function via VE cadherin and Rho GTPases. Journal of Cell Science. 2013 (in press)
- Gattu, A., Iwakiri, Y., Chung, C. et al. Determination of Mesenchymal Stem Cell Fate by Pigment Epithelium-Derived Factor (PEDF) Results in Increased Adiposity & Reduced Bone Mineral Content. FASEB J. 2013 (in press).
- Chung, C. and Iwakiri, Y. The lymphatic vascular system in liver diseases: its role in ascites formation. Clinical and Molecular Hepatology. 2013;19:82-86.