Vincent T DeVita MD
Amy and Joseph Perella Professor of Medicine (Medical Oncology) and Professor of Epidemiology (Chronic Diseases) and of Medicine (Medical Oncology)
Drug Resistance; Hodgkin's Disease; Lymphomas; Molecular Technology; Primary Chemotherapy
Writing a lay history of the war on cancer and preparing the 9th edition of "Cancer: Principles&Practice of Oncology."
Primary interest in the mechanisms cancer cells use to develop resistance to cancer drugs. The molecular switches.
Extensive Research Description
Interest in how cancer cells manipulate molecular pathways to circumvent drug resistance. Aimed at identifying appropriate molecular targets for combination targeted treatment.
- Seam P, Janik JE, Longo DL, DeVita VT Jr. Role of Chemotherapy in Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. Cancer J 2009 Mar-Apr 15(2): 150-4.
- DeVita VT and Chu E. A History of Cancer Chemotherapy. (AACR Centennial series). Cancer Res 2008; 68: (21). November 1, 2008
- DeVita, VT (2008) Editorial, Health insurance reform - beware of the general solution for the specific problem, Nature Clinical Practice Oncology, 5(2)59, Published
- DeVita VT. On the Struggles of Cancer Centers. Nature Clinical Reviews Oncology 2009 May 6(5):241.
- DeVita VT. Principles of Medical Oncology, In: DeVita VT, Lawrence TS, Rosenberg SA, (Eds) DeVita, Hellman, and Rosenberg’s Cancer: Principles & Practice of Oncology, 8th ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2008.
- DeVita VT, Lawrence TS, Rosenberg SA, (Eds) DeVita, Hellman, and Rosenberg's Cancer: Principles & Practice of Oncology, 9th Edition. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2009.
- DeVita, VT, Jr. and Costa, J. Toward a Personalized Treatment of Hodgkin's Disease. NEJM 362; 10, March 11, 2010