Terence Keith Trow MD
Associate Professor of Medicine (Pulmonary)
Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension; Combination Therapy in Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension; Biomarkers to follow treatment success in Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
The Pulmonary Hypertension Center at Yale is involved in industry sponsored studies of combination therapy in pulmonary arterial hypertension treatment. This involved looking at established therapies usually used alone and seeing if further gains can be made by using them together.
The Center is participating in the RESPIRE registry, looking at factors that influence patient compliance with inhaled iloprost therapy.
We are also interested in pulmonary arterial blood and systemic serial blood sample testing for a variety of biomarkers that may prove to be useful in knowing if treatments are working or failing in this disease, and a biorepository and database currently being developed.
- Fares WH, Trow TK. Targeted approaches to the treatment of pulmonary hypertension. Thera Adv Resp Dis, 2012; 0(0): 1-13. DOI:10.1177/1753465812441849.
- Li W, Niu B, Henderson K, Northrup V, Pollock JS, Trow TK, Fahey J, White RI. Reproducibility of oxygen saturation monitoring during six-minute walk test and exercise stress test in patients with pulmonary arteriovenous malformations associated with hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia. Pediatr Cardiol (published on line 19 February, 2011).
- Lane CR, Trow TK. Pulmonary hypertension and pregnancy. Clin Chest Med 2011; 32: 165-174.
- Trow TK, Argento AC, Rubinowitz AN, Decker R. A 71-year-old with myelofibrosis, hypoxemia, and pulmonary hypertension. Chest 2010;138:1506-1510.
- Auger WR, Kim NH, Trow TK. Chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. Clin Chest Med 2010; 31:741-758.
- Trow TK, McArdle JR. Diagnoses of pulmonary arterial hypertension, Clin Chest Med, 2007 28(1):(in press).
- Neuman J, Rosioreanu A, Schuss A, Turi G, Yung E, Trow TK, Williams L, Katz DS. Radiology-Pathology Conference: Sclerosing hemangioma of the lung. Clinical Imaging 2006 30:409-412.
- Trow TK. Clinical Year in Review I: lung cancer, interventional pulmonology, noninvasive mask ventilation, and pulmonary vascular disease. Proc Am Thor Soc 2005 2:102-104.
- Trow TK. Clinical Year in Review II: pulmonary infections, diagnostic imaging, pleural disease, neuromuscular disease. Proc Am Thor Soc 2005 2:175-178.
- Trow TK. Initial diagnostic testing in the evaluation of pulmonary hypertension. Advances in Pulmonary Hypertension 2005 4:11-14.