Digestive System Diseases; Carcinoma, Hepatocellular; Translational Medical Research
Dr. Taddei is building clinical programs at Yale and the VA with a focus on multidisciplinary, integrated care of the patient with hepatocellular carcinoma. The goals of these programs are to contribute to scientific advances in treatment, improve healthcare delivery, decrease the time from diagnosis to treatment, and improve survival in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma. In collaboration with colleagues across a spectrum of disciplines, she will develop and implement clinical trials, translational projects, and outcome studies at Yale and the VA.
Specialized Terms: Clinical, translational, and outcome research on hepatocellular carcinoma
- Taddei TH. A multidisciplinary approach: group dynamics. J Clin Gastroenterol 2013; S27-9.
- Mistry PK, Taddei T, vom Dahl S, Rosenbloom BE. Gaucher disease and malignancy: a model for cancer pathogenesis in an inborn error of metabolism. Crit Rev Oncog 2013; 18:235-46
- Taddei TH. Chapter 53: Hepatocellular Carcinoma – Diagnosis and Treatment. In: Oncology for the Primary Care Provider. Rose MG, DeVita VT, Lawrence TS, and Rosenberg SA, Eds. Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins 2012.
- Taddei TH. Chapter 14: Hepatocellular Carcinoma – Screening and Surveillance. In: Oncology for the Primary Care Provider. Rose MG, DeVita VT, Lawrence TS, and Rosenberg SA, Eds. Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins 2012.
- Vogel DC, Connery DM, DeLorenzo AL, Ebbert MH, Garcia-Tsao G, Hunnibel LS, Rosa M, Rose MG, Taddei, TH, Taylor CR. VA Connecticut Healthcare System improves cancer care: case management and a web-based tracking system are used to improve access and quality. CMSA Today. 2012; 6:8-11.
- Garcia-Tsao G and Taddei TH. Care of the patient with cirrhosis. Federal Practitioner. 2011; 28 (3):19-24.
- Kulkarni S and Taddei T. When should a hepatitis C-positive patient with ESRD receive a renal transplant? Semin Dial 2011; 24(4):438-9.
- Wrzesinski SH, Taddei TH, Strazzabosco M. Systemic therapy in hepatocellular carcinoma. Clin Liver Dis. 2011;15(2):423-41.
- Fox RK, Taddei T, Rose MG. Managing hepatocellular carcinoma through multidisciplinary care. Federal Practitioner 2010; 27 (suppl 10):1-6.
- Taddei TH, Dziura J, Chen S, Yang R, Hyogo H, Sullards C, Cohen DE, Pastores G, Mistry PK. High incidence of cholesterol gallstone disease in Type 1 Gaucher Disease: characterizing the biliary phenotype of type 1 Gaucher Disease. Journal of Inherited Metabolic Diseases. 2010; 33(3):291-300. Epub 2010 Mar 31.
- Monto A, Kohlwes J, Raval GR, Mehta P, El-Serag HB, Taddei T. Managing advanced hepatocellular carcinoma. Multidisciplinary perspectives on management: a roundtable discussion. Federal Practitioner 2009; 26 (suppl 1):20-24.
- Taddei T. Managing advanced hepatocellular carcinoma: treating unresectable disease. Federal Practitioner 2009; 26 (suppl 1):15-19.
- Taddei TH, Kacena KA, Yang M, Yang M, Malhotra A, Boxer M, Aleck KA, Rennert G, Pastores G, and Mistry PK. The under-recognized progressive nature of N370S Gaucher Disease and high risk of cancer in 403 patients. American Journal of Hematology. 2009; 84:208-14.