Sunil Parikh M.D., M.P.H.
Assistant Professor of Epidemiology (Microbial Diseases) and of Medicine (Infectious Diseases)
Departments & Organizations
Translation research in malaria; Pharmacology of antimalarials; HIV-malaria co-infection; Host response to malaria infection; Innate immunity to malaria more...
- M.D., Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1998
- M.P.H., University of California at Berkeley, 2005
- Gong L, Parikh S, Rosenthal PJ, Greenhouse B. Biochemical and immunological mechanisms by which sickle cell trait protects against malaria. Malar J. 2013 Sep 11;12(1):317.
- Creek DJ, Bigira V, McCormack S, Arinaitwe E, Wanzira H, Kakuru A, Tappero JW, Sandison TG, Lindegardh N, Nosten F, Aweeka FT, Parikh S. Pharmacokinetic predictors for recurrent malaria after dihydroartemisinin-piperaquine treatment of uncomplicated malaria in Ugandan infants. The Journal of Infectious Diseases. 2013 Jun 1;207(11):1646-54
- Tarning J, Zongo I, Some F, Romba N , Parikh S, et al. Population pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of piperaquine in children with uncomplicated falciparum malaria. Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics 2012; 91(3):497-505.