Lissa Sugeng MD, MPH
Associate Professor of Medicine (Cardiology)
Three-dimensional echocardiography (3DE) is a natural evolution in the development of echocardiography. My interests in 3DE stems back to 1993, which was mainly focused on validating and comparing 3D techniques to other imaging modalities such as CMR and CT imaging. As new developments in probe technology brought a true “real-time” 3D fully-sampled matrix array transducer it has become the main imaging modality in valvular disease.
- Chandra S, Salgo IS, Sugeng L, Weinert L, Settlemier SH, Mor-Avi V, Lang RM.A Three-Dimensional Insight into the Complexity of Flow Convergence in Mitral Regurgitation: Adjunctive Benefit of Anatomic Regurgitant Orifice Area.Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2011 Jun 10. [Epub ahead of print]PubMed [citation] PMID: 21666109
- Sugeng L, Mor-Avi V, Weinert L, Niel J, Ebner C, Steringer-Mascherbauer R, Schmidt F, Galuschky C, Schummers G, Lang RM, Nesser HJ. Quantitative assessment of left ventricular size and function: side-by-side comparison of real-time three-dimensional echocardiography and computed tomography with magnetic resonance reference. Circulation 2006 August 15;114(7):654-661.
- Sugeng L, Shernan SK, Salgo IS, Weinert L, Shook D, Raman J, Jeevanandam V, DuPont F, Settlemier S, Savord B, Fox J, Mor-Avi V, Lang RM. Live 3-dimensional transesophageal echocardiography initial experience using the fully-sampled matrix array probe. J Am Coll Cardiol 2008 August 5;52(6):446-449.
- Sugeng L, Shernan SK, Weinert L, Shook D, Raman J, Jeevanandam V, DuPont F, Fox J, Mor-Avi V, Lang RM. Real-time three-dimensional transesophageal echocardiography in valve disease: comparison with surgical findings and evaluation of prosthetic valves. J Am Soc Echocardiogr 2008 December;21(12):1347-1354.
- Sugeng L, Mor-Avi V, Weinert L, Niel J, Ebner C, Steringer-Mascherbauer R, Bartolles R, Baumann R, Schummers G, Lang RM, Nesser HJ. Multimodality comparison of quantitative volumetric analysis of the right ventricle. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 2010 January;3(1):10-18.
- Otani K, Takeuchi M, Kaku K, Sugeng L, Yoshitani H, Haruki N, Ota T, Mor-Avi V,
Lang RM, Otsuji Y.Assessment of the aortic root using real-time 3D transesophageal echocardiography.Circ J. 2010 Nov 25;74(12):2649-57. Epub 2010 Nov 12.PubMed [citation] PMID: 21084759