Lissa Sugeng MD, MPH
Associate Professor of Medicine (Cardiology)
Departments & Organizations
Internal Medicine: Cardiology: Clinical Cardiology (Outpatient); Cardiology/Echocardiography (Cardiac Imaging); ; Cardiology/Cardiomyopathy Inherited Cardiovascular Disease
Three-dimensional echocardiography (3DE) is a natural evolution in the development of echocardiography. My interests in 3DE stems back to 1993, which was mainly focused on validating and comparing 3D techniques to other imaging modalities such as CMR and CT imaging. As new developments in probe technology brought a true “real-time” 3D fully-sampled matrix array transducer it has become the main imaging modality in valvular disease. more...
- M.D., Udayana University, 1991
- M.P.H., Boston University, 1993
- Chandra S, Salgo IS, Sugeng L, Weinert L, Settlemier SH, Mor-Avi V, Lang RM.A Three-Dimensional Insight into the Complexity of Flow Convergence in Mitral Regurgitation: Adjunctive Benefit of Anatomic Regurgitant Orifice Area.Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2011 Jun 10. [Epub ahead of print]PubMed [citation] PMID: 21666109
- Sugeng L, Mor-Avi V, Weinert L, Niel J, Ebner C, Steringer-Mascherbauer R, Schmidt F, Galuschky C, Schummers G, Lang RM, Nesser HJ. Quantitative assessment of left ventricular size and function: side-by-side comparison of real-time three-dimensional echocardiography and computed tomography with magnetic resonance reference. Circulation 2006 August 15;114(7):654-661.
- Sugeng L, Shernan SK, Salgo IS, Weinert L, Shook D, Raman J, Jeevanandam V, DuPont F, Settlemier S, Savord B, Fox J, Mor-Avi V, Lang RM. Live 3-dimensional transesophageal echocardiography initial experience using the fully-sampled matrix array probe. J Am Coll Cardiol 2008 August 5;52(6):446-449.