Current research projects include the study of medical team assistants and the impact of team assistants on the clinical and educational environment of house officers; also a study looking at the quality of discharge communication and its association with adverse outcomes after hospital discharge.
- Horwitz LI, Moriarty JP, Chen C, Fogerty Rl, Brewster UC, Kanade S, Ziaeian B, Jung GY, Krumholz HM. Quality of Discharge Practices and Patient Understanding at an Academic medical Center. JAMA Intern Med. 2013 August 19 epub
- Horwitz LI, Jeng GY, Brewster UC, Chen C, Kanade S, Can Ness PH, Araujo KL, Ziaeian B, Moriarty Jp, Forgerty Rl, Krumholz HM. Comprehensive quality of discharge summaries at an academic medical center. J Hosp Med. 2013 Aug 8(8):436-43.
- Lee A, Moriarty JP, Borgstom C, Horwitz L. What can we learn from patient dissatisfaction? Analysis of dissatisfying events at an academic medical center. J of Hosp Med. 2010 Nov-Dec:5(9)514-20
- Federman DG, Brescia GR, Moriarty JP, Haskell Sg, Krishnamurthy R, Kirsner RS. Update in thrombosis: Answers to perplexing questions. Cleveland Clinic Journal of Medicine. 2005 October72(10): 907-915.
- Federman DG. Kirsner RS. Moriarty JP. Concato J. The effect of antibiotic therapy for patients infected with Helicobacter pylori who have chronic urticaria. [Review] [20 refs] [Journal Article. Review] Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. 49(5)
- Federman DG. Moriarty JP. Kravetz JD. Kirsner RS. Thrombosis new culprits in an old disorder. Panminerva Medica. 44(2):107-13. 2002 Jun