David A. Fiellin MD
Professor of Medicine (General Medicine) and of Public Health (Health Policy); Professor, Investigative Medicine
Departments & Organizations
Drug Abuse, Addiction, and HIV Research Scholars
SBIRT Training in Yale Residency Programs
School of Public Health: Center for Interdisciplinary Research on AIDS
Internal Medicine: General Internal Medicine: Primary Care Center, Yale-New Haven Hospital; Addiction Medicine | play2PREVENT
Substance Abuse Research
Psychotherapy Development Research Center
Substance abuse treatment in primary care; Emergency department and HIV specialty settings opioid agonist treatment with buprenorphine; Pharmacologic treatment of alcohol more...
- B.A., Earlham College, 1983
- M.D., Emory University, 1991
- Becker WC, Fiellin DA. Federal plan for prescriber education on opioids misses opportunities. Ann Intern Med. 2012 Aug 7;157(3):205-6.
- Fiellin DA, Weiss L, Botsko M, Egan JE, Altice FL, Bazerman LB, Chaudhry A, Cunningham CO, Gourevitch MN, Lum PJ, Sullivan LE, Schottenfeld RS, O'Connor PG; BHIVES Collaborative. Drug treatment outcomes among HIV-infected opioid-dependent patients receiving buprenorphine/naloxone. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2011 Mar;56 Suppl 1:S33-8.
- Becker WC, Tobin DG, Fiellin DA. Nonmedical use of opioid analgesics obtained directly from physicians: prevalence and correlates. Arch Intern Med. 2011 Jun 13;171(11):1034-6.