Dana Wasson Dunne MD
Associate Professor of Medicine (Infectious Diseases); Director, Internal Medicine Clerkship; Associate Program Director, Internal Medicine Traditional Residency Program
Bedside rounding; STD-HIV interactions;
1. Dr Dunne spends the majority of her time educating medical students and residents. She is interested in determing factors that detract from bedside and patient contact in the hospital setting.
2. Dr. Dunne's clinical interest is in the area of STDs. She has several projects on going including investigation the interaction between bacterial vaginosis and bacterial STD acquisition, the role of enhanced syphilis screening in the HIV clinic.
- Clinite, Kimberly L.; DeZee, Kent J. MD, MPH; Durning, Steven J. MD, PhD; Kogan, Jennifer R. MD; Blevins, Terri MA; Chou, Calvin L. MD, PhD; Diemer, Gretchen MD; Dunne, Dana W. MD; Fagan, Mark J. MD; Hartung, Paul J. PhD; Kazantsev, Stephanie M.; Mechaber, Hilit F. MD; Paauw, Douglas S. MD; Wong, Jeffrey G. MD; Reddy, Shalini T. MD. Lifestyle Factors and Primary Care Specialty Selection: Comparing 2012–2013 Graduating and Matriculating Medical Students’ Thoughts on Specialty Lifestyle Academic medicine: journal of the Association of American Medical Colleges (Impact Factor: 2.34). 09/2014; DOI: 10.1097
- Clinite KL, Reddy SR, Kazantsev ST, Kogan JR, Durning SJ, Blevins T, Chou CL, Diemer G, Dunne DW, Fagan MJ, Hartung PJ, Mechaber HF, Paauw DS, Wong JG, and DeZee KJ. “The ROAD Less Traveled: What Do First-Year Students Want in a Specialty?” Acad Med. 2013 Aug 21. [Epub ahead of print]
- Silver AC, Dunne DW, Zeiss CJ, Bockenstedt LK, Radolf JD, et al. (2013) MyD88 Deficiency Markedly Worsens Tissue Inflammation and Bacterial Clearance in Mice Infected with Treponema pallidum, the Agent of Syphilis. PLoS ONE 8(8): e71388. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0071388
- Dunne, D. W., A. C. Shaw, L. K. Bockenstedt, H. Allore, S. Chen, S. E. Malawista, L. Leng, Y. Mizue, M. Piecychna, L. Zhang, V. Towle, R. Bucala, R. R. Montgomery, and E. Fikrig. 2010. Increased TLR4 expression and Innate Cytokine Production in Immunosuppressed Adults with Autoimmune Diseases. PLoS ONE 5(6): e11343. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0011343
- Dubrow R, Sikkem KJ, Bruce RD, Julian P, Roome A, Dunne DW, Boeving A, Kidder T, Jenkins H, Becker J, Merson M. Diagnosis of Acute HIV infection in Connecticut. Connecticut Medicine 2009, 73; 325-331.
- Rowhani-Rahbar A, Niccolai LM, Dunne DW, Green S, Jenkins H, Khoshnood K. Comparative epidemiology of Chlamydia trachomatis infection among men attending sexually transmitted disease clinics with and without indications for testing. International Journal of STD and AIDS. July, 2006, 17 453-458.
- Niccolai LM, Rowhani-Rallan A, Jenkins H, Green S, Dunne DW. Condom effectiveness for prevention of Chlamydia trachomatis infection. Sexually Transmitted Infections, 2005, 1323-5.