Chlamydia Infections; Gonorrhea; Sexually Transmitted Diseases; Syphilis; Global Health; Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Bacterial; Vaginosis, Bacterial; Infectious Disease Medicine
1. Dr Dunne spends the majority of her time educating medical students and residents. She is interested in determing factors that detract from bedside and patient contact in the hospital setting.
2. Dr. Dunne's clinical interest is in the area of STDs. She has several projects on going including investigation the interaction between bacterial vaginosis and bacterial STD acquisition, the role of enhanced syphilis screening in the HIV clinic.
Specialized Terms: Bedside rounding; STD-HIV interactions
- Clinite, Kimberly L.; DeZee, Kent J. MD, MPH; Durning, Steven J. MD, PhD; Kogan, Jennifer R. MD; Blevins, Terri MA; Chou, Calvin L. MD, PhD; Diemer, Gretchen MD; Dunne, Dana W. MD; Fagan, Mark J. MD; Hartung, Paul J. PhD; Kazantsev, Stephanie M.; Mechaber
- Clinite KL, Reddy SR, Kazantsev ST, Kogan JR, Durning SJ, Blevins T, Chou CL, Diemer G, Dunne DW, Fagan MJ, Hartung PJ, Mechaber HF, Paauw DS, Wong JG, and DeZee KJ. “The ROAD Less Traveled: What Do First-Year Students Want in a Specialty?” Acad Med. 2013
- Silver AC, Dunne DW, Zeiss CJ, Bockenstedt LK, Radolf JD, et al. (2013) MyD88 Deficiency Markedly Worsens Tissue Inflammation and Bacterial Clearance in Mice Infected with Treponema pallidum, the Agent of Syphilis. PLoS ONE 8(8): e71388. doi:10.1371/journ
- Dunne, D. W., A. C. Shaw, L. K. Bockenstedt, H. Allore, S. Chen, S. E. Malawista, L. Leng, Y. Mizue, M. Piecychna, L. Zhang, V. Towle, R. Bucala, R. R. Montgomery, and E. Fikrig. 2010. Increased TLR4 expression and Innate Cytokine Production in Immunosupp
- Dubrow R, Sikkem KJ, Bruce RD, Julian P, Roome A, Dunne DW, Boeving A, Kidder T, Jenkins H, Becker J, Merson M. Diagnosis of Acute HIV infection in Connecticut. Connecticut Medicine 2009, 73; 325-331.
- Rowhani-Rahbar A, Niccolai LM, Dunne DW, Green S, Jenkins H, Khoshnood K. Comparative epidemiology of Chlamydia trachomatis infection among men attending sexually transmitted disease clinics with and without indications for testing. International Journal
- Niccolai LM, Rowhani-Rallan A, Jenkins H, Green S, Dunne DW. Condom effectiveness for prevention of Chlamydia trachomatis infection. Sexually Transmitted Infections, 2005, 1323-5.