Barbara Irene Kazmierczak PhD, MD
Associate Professor of Medicine (Infectious Diseases) and of Microbial Pathogenesis; Associate Director for Basic Research, MD-PhD Program, Yale University
Departments & Organizations
Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Microbiology | Molecular Cell Biology, Genetics and Development | Molecular Medicine, Pharmacology, and Physiology
Yale Medical Group
Internal Medicine: Infectious Diseases
Pseudomonas aeruginosa; Staphylococcus aureus; innate immunity; host-pathogen interactions; mucosal immunity more...
- B.A., University of Chicago, 1986
- M.S., University of Chicago, 1986
- Ph.D., Rockefeller University, 1993
- M.D., Cornell University Medical College, 1994
- Kazmierczak BI, Murray TS. (2012) “Chronic vs. acute Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection states” in Regulation of Bacterial Virulence, ML Vasil and AJ Darwin, editors. ASM Press.
- Jain R, Behrens AJ, Kaever V, Kazmierczak BI. (2012) Type IV pilus assembly in Pseudomonas aeruginosa over a broad range of c-di-GMP concentrations. J Bacteriol in press
- Lavoie E, Wangdi T, Kazmierczak BI. (2011) Innate immune responses to Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection. Microbes Infection 13: 1133-1145.