Anil Bernard Nagar MD
Associate Professor of Medicine (Digestive Diseases); Endoscopy Director, West Haven VAMC
Value of interventions for detecting and treating GI diseases
I am interested in clinical studies that examine the value of interventions for detecting and treating GI diseases. We have a large clinical practice and some of our present clinical studies include the value of surveillance of Barrett's esophagus, screening intervals for colo-rectal cancer surveillance, interventions to prevent post-ERCP pancreatitis and use of con-focal microscopy in management of pre-malignant mucosal GI diseases.
- AGA gastroenterology teaching project: Pancreatic Physiology and: Acute Pancreatitis Senior author: Fred Gorelick MD. Co-authors: Anil Nagar, Lars Fischer. Steven Pandol, Guillermo Robles-Diaz, Akihiko Sato and Mark Topazian.
- Wang S, Fadare O, Nagar A, Shafi N, Rose M. The diagnostic role of gastrointestinal endoscopy in anemic patients with a low normal ferritin level. Am. J. Hematology. 200681:324-327.
- Nagar AB, Gorelick F. Acute Pancreatitis in Yamada Atlas of Gastroenterology. 2002 Ed. T. Yamada. pp 500 –510. Lippincott, Williams, and Wilkins, Philadelphia.
- Nagar AB, Gorelick F. Acute Pancreatitis. Current opinion in Gastroenterology. 2004, 18:552-557.
- Nagar AB, Gorelick F. Acute Pancreatitis, in Advanced Therapy in Gastroenterology and Liver Disease 5 Ed, 2004 Editors Bayless, Diehl
- Chung C, Shugrue C, Nagar A, Doll JA, Cornwell M, Gattu A, Kolodecik T, Pandol SJ, Goelick F. Ethanol Exposure depletes Pigment Epithelium Derived factor, a novel lipid regulator in the liver. Gastroenterology 2009
- Anil B. Nagar. Isolated Colonic Ulcers: Diagnosis and Management. Current Gastro reports. 2007; 9:422-428
- Rogart JN, Perkal M, Nagar A. Successful multi-modality endoscopic treatment of gastric outlet obstruction caused by an impacted gallstone (Bouveret's syndrome). Diagnostic and Therapeutic Endoscopy. 2007;