Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome; Community Health Workers; Primary Prevention; Tuberculosis; Global Health; HIV Infections; AIDS-Related Opportunistic Infections; Community-Based Participatory Research
Global Health Initiative: Tuberculosis
Sheela Shenoi is an Assistant Professor of Medicine in the AIDS Program of the Section of Infectious Diseases at Yale University School of Medicine. She conducts clinical research on HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis with a focus on resource-limited settings. Dr. Shenoi has worked in South Africa to study the epidemiology of drug resistant tuberculosis and tuberculosis infection control strategies. She currently develops and implements community-based projects that emphasize the integration of HIV and tuberculosis services to improve prevention, care and treatment for patients with HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis. She serves as a member of Yale’s Global Health Program committee of the Department of Medicine.
Dr. Shenoi received her M.P.H. from Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine and her M.D. from the University of Connecticut. She is a member of the International AIDS Society, the Infectious Diseases Society of America and the International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease. Dr. Shenoi was honored as a Fulbright Scholar and was awarded an international clinical research fellowship in global health by the U.S. National Institutes of Health Fogarty International Center for Advanced Study in the Health Sciences.
Specialized Terms: HIV/AIDS; Tuberculosis; Screening; Improving Clinical Outcomes; Resource-limited settings
- Kompala T, Moll AP, Mtungwa N, Brooks RP, Friedland GH, Shenoi SV. BMC Health Serv Res. 2016 Aug 11;16(a):374. PubMed PMID: 27515233; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4982129.
- Gilbert JA, Shenoi SV, Moll AP, Friedland GH, Paltiel AD, Galvani AP. Plos One, in press.
- Loeliger KB, Niccolai LM, Mtungwa LN, Moll A, Shenoi SV. AIDS Care, 4 April 2016, 4:1-12
- Loeliger KB, Niccolai LM, Mtungwa LN, Moll A, Shenoi SV. AIDS Patient Care STDS. 2016 Aug;30(8):385-94. doi: 10.1089/apc.2016.0096. PubMed PMID: 27509239; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4991585.
- Cudahy P, Shenoi SV. Postgraduate medical journal. 2016; 92(1086):187-93.
- Gilbert JA, Long EF, Brooks RP, Friedland GH, Moll AP, Townsend JP, Galvani AP, Shenoi SV. PloS One 2015. 10(5): e0126267. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0126267.
- Jacobson KB, Tate M, Eksteen F, Moll A, Padayatchi, Freidland GH, Shenoi SV. Lancet Respiratory Medicine. 2015. 3: 269-270.
- Jacobson KB, Moll AP, Friedland GH, Shenoi SV. PloS One 2015. 10(5): e0127024. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0127024.
- Upadhya D, Moll AP, Brooks RP, Friedland G, Shenoi SV. Int J STD AIDS. 2015 Jul 1. pii: 0956462415592789.
- Cowell A, Shenoi SV, Kyriakides TC, Friedland G, Barakat LA. Journal of Hospital Medicine. 2015; 10(9):608-14.
- Gupta A, Mbwambo J, Mteza I, Shenoi S, Lambdin B, Nyandindi C, Doula BI, Mfaume S, Bruce RD.IJTLD 18(7):793–798. 2014.
- Lygizos M, Shenoi SV, Brooks RP, Bhushan A, Brust JCM, Zelterman D, Deng Y, Northrup V, Moll AP, Friedland GH. BMC Infectious Diseases 2013, 13:300 doi:10.1186/1471-2334-13-300.
- Shenoi SV, Brooks RP, Catterick K, Moll AP, Friedland GH. Public Health Action. 2013, 3(1): 46-50.
- Shenoi SV, Brooks RP, Barbour R, Altice FL, Zelterman D, Moll AP, Master I, van der Merwe TL, Friedland GH. Plos One. 2012, 7(3): e31786. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0031786. PMCID 3295798.
- Heysell SK, Shenoi SV, Catterick K, Thomas TA, Friedland G. South African Medical Journal. 2011, 101:332-334. NIHMS 261602
- Thomas TA, Shenoi SV, Heysell SK, Eksteen FJ, Sunkari VB, Gandhi NR, Friedland G, Shah NS. International Journal of Tuberculosis & Lung Disease. 2010, 14(10):1244–1251. NIHMS 261600
- Shenoi SV, Escombe AR, Friedland G. Clin Infect Dis. 2010, 50(S3):S231–S237. NIHMS 261603
- Shenoi S, Heysell S, Moll T, Friedland G. Current Opinion in Infectious Diseases 2009, 22:11–17. PMCID 3013226.