Shawn M. Cole MD
Assistant Professor of Medicine (General Medicine); Medical Director, Patient Centered Medical Home, Urgent Care - Northeast Medical Group
Through my involvement as a clinical leader in the V.A. Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) transition, now Patient Aligned Care Team, and as core faculty for the V.A. Center of Excellence in Interprofessional Primary Care Education I have been able to pursue my passion for interprofessional clinical team development as it relates to optimizing both the patient experience and team satisfaction.
As the Northeast Medical Group Medical Director of Patient Centered Medical Home, I am very excited to be leading the transformation towards recognized PCMH care delivery and population management for our expanding outpatient network in the Yale New Haven Health System.
Education & Training
- University of Illinois at Chicago (2000)
- University of Illinois College of Medicine (2006)
- Yale-New Haven Hospital, Internal Medicine - Primary Care (2006 - 2009)
Honors & Recognition
- John W. Brackett Award for Resident Teacher
Yale Primary Care Internal Medicine Residency Program (2009)
- Asghar Rastegar Award - Faculty Teacher of the Year
Yale Traditional Internal Medicine Residency Program (2011)
- Power Day Award Recipient
Yale University School of Medicine (2008)