Lung cancer -- epidemiology, etiology, imaging techniques for diagnosis and staging, and therapy; Heart lung interaction -- cor pulmonale and pulmonary thromboembolism; Therapy for asthma and COPD
Extensive Research Description
Dr. Matthay has continuing interest in the epidemiology and etiology of lung cancer. He and two colleagues (Drs. Lynn Tanoue and Charles Dela Cruz) have written a chapter on the epidemiology and etiology of lung cancer for the most recent edition of the Fishman Textbook, Pulmonary Diseases Diseases and Disorders (2015)Dr Matthay serves on the editorial board of several medical journals, including Journal of Intensive Care Medicine, Seminars in Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine and Clinical Pulmonary Medicine.
- Trow T, Matthay RA: Management of venous thromboembolism in the critically ill obese patient [in] Critical Care Management of the Obese Patient. Solh AE (ed), New York: Wiley-Blackwell, Chapter 13, pp 108-115, 2012.
- Tanoue LT, Matthay RA (Editors): Lung Cancer. Clinics in Chest Medicine, Philadelphia: Elsevier, 2011.
- Dela Cruz, CS, Tanoue, LT, Matthay RA: Lung cancer: epidemiology, etiology and prevention. Clinics in Chest Medicine, 32:605-644, (December) 2011.
- Dela Cruz CS, Matthay RA: Lung Cancer (Chapter 17) [in] Oxford Handbook of Pulmonary Medicine, Brown KK, Lee-Chiong T, Chapman S., Robinson G, Stradling J and West S, (eds.) New York, New York: Oxford University Press, 2009, pp 161-198.
- Dela Cruz CS, Beuther DA, Matthay RA (Editors): Obesity and Respiratory Disease. A Clinics in Chest Medicine Monograph. 30:415-614, (September) 2009.
- Dela Cruz, CS, Matthay RA: Role of obesity in cardiomyopathy and pulmonary hypertension. Clin Chest Medicine 30:509-523, (September) 2009.
- George RB, Light RW, Matthay MA, Matthay RA (Eds): Chest Medicine: Essentials of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine. 5th Edition, Philadelphia: Lippincott-Williams and Wilkins, 2005.
- Arroliga AC, Matthay MA, Matthay RA: Pulmonary thromboembolism and other pulmonary vascular diseases in Chest Medicine: Essentials of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine. George RB, Light RW, Matthay MA, Matthay RA (eds), 5th Edition, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Full List of PubMed Publications
- Antin-Ozerkis D, Rubinowitz A, Evans J, Homer RJ, Matthay RA: Interstitial lung disease in the connective tissue diseases. Clin Chest Med. 2012 Mar. PMID: 22365251
- Dela Cruz CS, Tanoue LT, Matthay RA: Lung cancer: epidemiology, etiology, and prevention. Clin Chest Med. 2011 Dec. PMID: 22054876
- Antin-Ozerkis D, Evans J, Rubinowitz A, Homer RJ, Matthay RA: Pulmonary manifestations of rheumatoid arthritis. Clin Chest Med. 2010 Sep. PMID: 20692539
- Dela Cruz CS, Matthay RA: Role of obesity in cardiomyopathy and pulmonary hypertension. Clin Chest Med. 2009 Sep. PMID: 19700049
- Dela Cruz CS, Beuther DA, Matthay RA: This edition of the Clinics in Chest Medicine comprehensively reviews the effects of obesity on pulmonary disease and critical care medicine. Preface. Clin Chest Med. 2009 Sep. PMID: 19700041
- Alsamarai S, Charpidou AG, Matthay RA, Confeld D, Syrigos KN, Saif MW: Pneumonitis related to docetaxel: case report and review of the literature. In Vivo. 2009 Jul-Aug. PMID: 19567400