Peter H Van Ness PhD, MPH
Research Scientist in Medicine (Geriatrics) and Lecturer in Epidemiology (Chronic Diseases); Co-Director, Biostatistics Core, Yale Program on Aging
Departments & Organizations
analysis of categorical and longitudinal data; techniques for handling missing data; qualitative data analysis; measurement issues; gerontologic biostatistics more...
- Ph.D., University of Chicago, 1983
- M.P.H., Yale School of Public Health, 2000
- Van Ness PH, Murphy TE, Araujo KL, Pisani MA. Multivariate graphical methods provide an insightful way to formulate explanatory hypotheses from limited categorical data. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology 2012;65:179-188.
- Van Ness PH, Fried TR, Gill TM. Mixed methods for the interpretation of longitudinal gerontologic data: insights from philosophical hermeneutics. Journal of Mixed Methods Research. 2011;5:293-308.
- Van Ness PH, Charpentier PA, Ip EH, Leng I, Murphy TE, Tooze JA, Allore HG. Gerontologic biostatistics: the statistical challenges of clinical research with older study participants. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society 2010;58:1386-1392.