Formally trained as a health services
researcher through the Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program, I am
interested in technology assessment in musculoskeletal and inflammatory diseases. My current work includes cost-effectiveness analyses of both MRI in the
initial evaluation and management of early rheumatoid arthritis and innovative
prostheses in total joint arthroplasty. In addition, I work with CORE to develop national hospital-level quality measures to help improve healthcare quality, focusing on orthopedic and patient-reported outcome-based performance measures.
- Suter LG, Paltiel AD, Rome BN, Golovaty I, Gerlovin H, Solomon DH, Katz JN, Losina E. “Medical Device Innovation — Is “Better” Good Enough?” New England Journal of Medicine 2011;365(16):1464-1466. PMCID: PMC3570242
- Suter LG, Fraenkel L., Braithwaite R. S. “The Cost-Effectiveness of Adding Magnetic Resonance Imaging to the Management of Early Rheumatoid Arthritis” Archives of Internal Medicine 2011;171(7):657-667.
- Suter LG, Fraenkel L., Braithwaite R. S. “The Role of Magnetic Resonance Imaging in the Diagnosis and Prognosis of Rheumatoid Arthritis” Arthritis Care & Research 2011;63(5):675-688. PMCID: PMC3135707
- Losina E, Walensky RP, Holt HL, Gerlovin H, Reichmann WM, Kessler CL, Solomon DH, Jordan JM, Hunter DJ, Suter LG, Paltiel AD, Katz JN. Impact of Obesity and Knee Osteoarthritis on Morbidity and Mortality in Older Americans. Annals of Internal Medicine. 2011;154:217-226. PMCID: PMC3260464
- Suter, LG, Fraenkel, L, Losina, E, Katz, JN, Gomoll, AH, Paltiel, AD. "Medical Decision Making in Patients with Knee Pain, Meniscal Tear and Osteoarthritis Arthritis & Rheumatism." Arthritis Care and Research, 2009, 61(11):1531-38. PMCID: PMC2804854
- Suter LG, Fraenkel L, Holmboe ES. What Factors Account for Referral Delays for Patients with Suspected Rheumatoid Arthritis? Arthritis & Rheumatism 2006;55(2):300-305.