Delivery of Health Care; Hepatitis D; Fatty Liver; Health Services Research; Hepatitis B; Hepatitis C; Carcinoma, Hepatocellular; Liver Cirrhosis; Liver Neoplasms; Quality of Health Care; Clinical Trial
Dr. Lim's primary clinical and research interests are focused on acute and chronic liver diseases, with emphasis on: 1) Chronic hepatitis B and C infections; 2) Fatty liver disorders, including non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) and non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH); and 3) Complications of cirrhosis and portal hypertension.
Extensive Research Description
I would be pleased to work with trainees and scientists who are interested in studying health outcomes in patients with chronic liver disease, with particular attention to chronic hepatitis B and C infections, fatty liver disease, liver cirrhosis and complications of portal hypertension, and hepatocellular carcinoma. I am an investigator in several national or international multicenter cohort studies evaluating health outcomes focused on hepatitis B and hepatitis C therapy, and a VA cohort study evaluating liver disease outcomes in patients with or without HIV coinfection.
- Lo Re III V, Kallan MJ, Tate JP, Localio R Lim JK, Boetz MB, Klein MB, Rimland D, Rodriguez-Barradas MC, Butt AA, Gibert CL, Brown ST, Park L, Dubrow R, Reddy KR, Kostman JR, Strom BL, Justice AC. Hepatic decompensation in antiretroviral-treated HIV/hepa
- Lawitz E, Ghalib R, Rodriguez-Torres M, Younossi AM, Corregidor A, Sulkowski MS, DeJesus E, Pearlman B, Rabinovitz M, Gitlin N, Lim JK, Pockros PJ, Scott JD, Fevery B, Lambrecht T, Ouwerkerk-Mahadevan S, Callewaert K, Symonds WT, Picchio G, Lindsay K, Beu
- Lim JK, Tate JP, Fultz SL, Goulet JL, Conigliaro J, Bryant KJ, Gordon AJ, Gibert C, Rimland D, Boetz MB, Klein MB, Fiellin DA, Justice AC, Lo Re III V. Relationship between alcohol use categories and advanced hepatic fibrosis in HIV-infected, chronic hep
- Njei B, Rotman Y, Ditah I, Lim JK. Emerging trends in hepatocellular carcinoma incidence and mortality. Hepatology 2014 Aug 20. PMID: 25142309
- Anderson JP, Tchetgen EJ, Lo Re III V, Tate JP, Williams PL, Seage GR, Horsburgh CR, Lim JK, Goetz MB, Rimland D, Rodriguez-Barradas MC, Butt AA, Klein MB, Justice AC. Antiretroviral therapy reduces the rate of hepatic decompensation among HIV- and hepat
- Sarkar S, Lim JK. Advances in interferon-free hepatitis C therapy: 2014 and beyond. Hepatology 2014; 59:1641-44. PMID: 24590916.
- Belcher J, Sanyal A, Peixoto A, Perazella M, Lim JK, Thiessen-Philbrook H, Ansari N, Coca S, Garcia-Tsao G, Parikh C. Kidney biomarkers and differential diagnosis of patients with cirrhosis and acute kidney injury. Hepatology 2014; 60:622-32. PMID: 243
- Nguyen LH, Chao DT, Lim JK, Ayoub WS, Nguyen MH. Meta-analysis and systematic review of histological change in chronic hepatitis B with minimally elevated alanine aminotransferase (ALT). Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 2014; 12:1262-6. PMID: 24361419
- Cortesi PA, Ciaccio A, Rota M, Lim JK, De Salvia S, Okolicsanyi S, Vinci M, Belli LS, Mantovani LG, Strazzabosco M. Management of treatment-naïve chronic hepatitis C genotype 1 patients: a cost-effectiveness analysis of treatment options. J Viral Hepati
- Belcher JM, Garcia-Tsao, Sanyal AJ, Thiessen-Philbrook, H, Peixoto AJ, Perazella MA, Ansari N, Lim JK, Coca SG, Parikh CR. Urinary biomarkers and progression of acute kidney injury in patients with cirrhosis. J Am Soc Nephrol 2014 Sep 2. PMID: 2518365
- Gordon SC, Muir AJ, Lim JK, Pearlman B, Argo CK, Ramani A, Maliakkal B, Alam I, Stewart TG, Vainorius M, Peter J, Nelson DR, Fried MW, Reddy KR; for the HCV-TARGET Study Group. Safety profile of boceprevir and telaprevir in chronic hepatitis C: real-worl
- Chao DT, Lim JK, Ayoub WS, Nguyen LH, Nguyen MH. Systematic review with meta-analysis: the proportion of chronic hepatitis B patients with normal ALT =40 IU/mL and significant hepatic fibrosis. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2014; 39:349-358. PMID: 24387289