Jonathan S Bogan MD
Associate Professor of Medicine (Endocrinology) and of Cell Biology
Departments & Organizations
Yale Combined Program in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Molecular Cell Biology, Genetics and Development
Cell Biology: Membrane Traffic | Cytoskeletal Dynamics
Internal Medicine: Endocrinology: Diabetes Center | Diabetes Research Center
Protein trafficking; Ubiquitin-like modification; Cell structure; Insulin signaling; Type 2 diabetes; Metabolic diseases more...
- B.S., Yale University, 1986
- M.D., Harvard Medical School, 1992
- Belman JP, Habtemichael EN, and Bogan JS. A proteolytic pathway that controls glucose uptake in fat and muscle. Reviews in Endocrine and Metabolic Disorders 2014; 15:55–66.
- Löffler MG, Birkenfeld AL, Philbrick KM, Belman JP, Habtemichael EN, Booth CJ, Castorena CM, Choi CS, Jornayvaz FR, Lee H-Y, Cartee GD, Booth CJ, Philbrick WP, Shulman GI, Samuel VT, and Bogan JS. Enhanced fasting glucose turnover in mice with disrupted TUG action in skeletal muscle. Journal of Biological Chemistry 2013; 288:20135-20150.
- Bogan JS, Rubin BR, Yu C, Löffler MG, Orme CM, Belman JP, McNally LJ, Hao M, and Cresswell JC. Endoproteolytic Cleavage of TUG Protein Regulates GLUT4 Glucose Transporter Translocation. Journal of Biological Chemistry 2012; 287:23932-23947.