Dr. Tetrault's research interests include substance abuse and infections related to substance abuse, specifically, HIV and Hepatitis C. She examines epidemiologic factors associated with substance use disorders with a focus on prescription drug abuse. Her work has described the impact of marijuana inhalation on pulmonary function, the unique features of women with prescription opioid dependence, and the prevalence of substance use disorders in patients diagnosed with sexually transmitted infections.
Extensive Research Description
HIV Resistance patterns in patients on Opioid Agonist Treatment
Evaluation of SBIRT Training Program
Establish HCV treatment program in an Opioid Agonist Treatment Program
- Tetrault JM, McCance-Katz EF, Moody DE, Fiellin DA, Lurie B, Dinh AT, Fiellin LE. The impact of recent cocaine use on plasma levels of methadone and buprenorphine in patients with and without HIV infection. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment. In press.
- Tetrault JM, Kozal MJ, Chiarella J, Sullivan LE, Dinh AT, Fiellin DA. Association between risk behaviors and antiretroviral resistance in HIV-infected patients receiving opioid agonist treatment. Journal of Addiction Medicine. 2013. 7(2):102-107. PMID: 23
- Holt SR, Ramos J, Harma M, Cabrera F, Louis-Ashby C, Dinh A, Fiellin DA, Tetrault JM. Physician Detection of Unhealthy Substance Use on Inpatient Teaching and Hospitalist Medical Services. The American Journal of Drug and Alcohol Abuse. 2013. 39(2): 121-
- Fiellin LE, Tetrault JM, Becker WC, Fiellin DA, Hoff R. Previous Use of Alcohol, Cigarettes, and Marijuana and Subsequent Abuse of Prescription Opioids in Young Adults. Journal of Adolescent Health. 2013. 52 (2): 158–163. PMID: 23332479.
- Becker WC, Meghani S, Tetrault JM, Fiellin DA. Racial/ethnic differences in report of drug testing practices at the workplace level in the U.S. The American Journal on Addictions 2013, 20:1-6. PMID: 24112118
- Gordon AJ, Bertholet N, McNeely J, Starrels J, Tetrault JM, Walley AY. 2013 Update in Addiction Medicine for the Generalist. Addiction Science and Clinical Practice. 2013. 8:18. PMID: 24499640
- Tetrault JM, Moore BA, Barry DT, O’Connor PG, Schottenfeld R, Fiellin DA, Fiellin LE, Brief versus extended counseling along with buprenorphine/naloxone for HIV-infected opioid dependent patients. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment. 2012
- Tetrault JM, Kozal MJ, Chiarella J, Sullivan LE, Dinh AT, Fiellin DA. Association between risk behaviors and antiretroviral resistance in HIV-infected patients receiving opioid agonist treatment. Journal of Addiction Medicine 2013
- Tetrault JM, Fiellin DA. Current Potential Pharmacological Treatment Options For Maintenance Therapy in Opioid- Dependent Individuals. Drugs 2012, 72(2):217-28.
- Tetrault JM, O’Connor PG. Opioid Intoxication and Withdrawal. In Principles of Addiction Medicine, Fifth Edition. Wolters Kluwer. Philadelphia, PA. 2014. Pg 668-685.
- Tetrault JM, Tate JP, McGinnis K, Goulet JL, Sullivan LE, Bryant K, Justice AC, Fiellin DA. Hepatic safety and antiretroviral effectiveness in HIV-infected patients receiving naltrexone. Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research. 2011. In press.
- Tetrault JM, Green ML, Martino S, Thung SF, Degutis LC, Ryan SA, Martel S, Pantalon MV, Bernstein SL, O’Connor PG, Fiellin DA, D’Onofrio G. Developing and Implementing a Multi-specialty Graduate Medical Education Curriculum on Screening, Brief Interventio
- Gordon AJ, Kunins HV, Rastegar DA, Tetrault JM, Walley AY. 2010 Update in Addiction Medicine for the Generalist.Journal of General Internal Medicine. 2011;26(1):77-82
- Tetrault JM, Fiellin DA, Niccolai LM, Sullivan LE. Substance use in patients with sexually transmitted infections: Results from a national U.S. survey. The American Journal on Addictions. 2010; 19: 504-509.
- Tetrault JM, O’Connor PG Opioid intoxication and withdrawal. In Principles of Addiction Medicine, 4th edition. American Society of Addiction Medicine. Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins, Inc. Philadelphia, PA. 2009. pp 589-603.
- Tetrault JM, O’Connor PG Substance abuse and withdrawal in the critical care setting. Critical Care Clinics. 2008 24: 767-788.
- Tetrault JM, Sauler M, Wells CK, Concato J. Reporting of multivariable methods in the medical literature Journal of Investigative Medicine. 2008 56(7): 954-957.
- Tetrault JM, Desai RA, Becker WC, Fiellin DA, Concato J, Sullivan LE Gender and non-medical use of prescription opioids: Results from a national U.S. survey. Addiction. 2008 103 (2): 258-268.
- Tetrault JM, Crothers K, Moore BA, Mehra R, Concato J, Fiellin DA. Effects of marijuana smoking on pulmonary function and respiratory complications: A systematic review. Archives of Internal Medicine. 2007; 167:221-228.