Grace Yin Jenq MD
Associate Professor of Medicine (Geriatrics); Medical Director Inpatient Medicine, Yale-New Haven Hospital; Associate Chair of Medicine for Patient Safety and Quality
Improving transitions of care; Enhancing communication between healthcare providers; Simulation-experiential learning
Standardizing Bedside Procedures on Inpatient Medicine
Facilitation of Communication amongst Physicians and Nursing
Timely Discharge Planning for Inpatients
Enhancing Communication Between Inpatient and Outpatient Physicians
Interdisciplinary Team Training
Improving Patient and Family Centered Care
Implementation of EMR
- Benin AL, Borgstrom CP, Jenq GY, Roumanis SA, Horwitz LI. Republished: Defining impact of a rapid response team: qualitative study with nurses, physicians and hospital administrators. Postgrad Med J. 2012 Oct;88(1044):575-82
- Horwitz LI, Schuster KM, Thung SF, Hersh DC, Fisher RL, Shah N, Cushing W, Nunes J, Silverman DG, Jenq GY. An institution-wide handoff task force to standardise and improve physician handoffs. BMJ Qual Saf. 2012 Oct;21(10):863-71.
- Benin AL, Borgstrom CP, Jenq GY, Roumanis SA, Horwitz LI. Defining impact of a rapid response team: qualitative study with nurses, physicians and hospital administrators. BMJ Qual Saf. 2012 May;21(5):391-8.
- Horwitz LI, Parwani V, Shah NR, Schuur JD, Meredith T, Jenq GY, Kulkarni RG. Evaluation of an asynchronous physician voicemail sign-out for emergency department admissions. Ann Emerg Med. 2009 Sep;54(3):368-78.
Horwitz LI, Meredith T, Schuur JD, Shah NR, Kulkarni RG, Jenq GY. Dropping the baton: a qualitative analysis of failures during the transition from emergency department to inpatient care. Ann Emerg Med. 2009 Jun;53(6):701-10
- Jenq GY, Guo Z, Drickamer M, Marottoli RA, Reid MC. Timing in the communication of pain among nursing home residents, nursing staff, and clinicians. Arch Intern Med. 2004 Jul 26;164(14):1508-12.