Deborah Denise Proctor MD
Professor of Medicine (Digestive Diseases); Medical Director, Inflammatory Bowel Disease Program
I am the
Medical Director for the Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) Program at Yale
University. The IBD Program is a
multi-disciplinary program with medical, surgical, pediatric, pathology, and
radiology specialists all participating.
Our program offers specialized nursing care and education with a nurse practitioner, Meera Berkowitz, who specializes in patients with IBD as well as an ostomy nurse who specializes in ostomy
and wound care. Patients are evaluated daily at 40 Temple Street, Suite 1A in New Haven. Patients are self-referred as well as
referred from other physicians. To
schedule an appointment, please call 203-785-4138.
In addition to multi-disciplinary patient care, our program offers research opportunities for patients to participate in to determine the genetics of IBD; mood disorders and IBD; treatment choices in IBD; and participation in multi-center new drug treatment protocols.
2. I am the gastroenterologist for the Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasia (HHT) Center at Yale . I evaluate and treat patients with HHT who have gastrointestinal bleeding and other gastrointestinal related problems. To schedule an appointment, please call Katharine Henderson at 203-737-5395.
- Medical volunteer
El Progreso, Honduras (2005)
Annual medical missionary work in El Progreso, Honduras
Education & Training
- University of Toledo (1978)
- University of Cincinnati (1982)
- Intern & Resident
- Beth Israel Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, Internal Medicine (1987 - 1990)
- Beth Israel Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, Gastroenterology (1990 - 1992)
- Board Certification
- Gastroenterology, Board Certified (1993)
Honors & Recognition
- Alpha Omega Alpha
University of Cincinnati (1982)
- New York Metro Area 2010
Castle Connolly Top Doctors (2010)
- Fellow in the American Gastroenterological Association
- Best Doctors of America
Best Doctors of America (2009)
- Fellow in the American College of Gastroenterology