Dr. Tobin's research and academic efforts focus on chronic pain management, opioid safety, prescription drug abuse, quality improvement, medical education, and primary care.
Extensive Research Description
Dr. Tobin's research and academic efforts focus on chronic pain management, opioid safety, prescription drug abuse, quality improvement, medical education, and primary care. He serves as a reviewer for multiple prominent medical journals and his CV lists nearly 100 publications (including peer-reviewed educational materials, editorials, commentaries, case reports, letters, etc.). Dr. Tobin lectures nationally on a variety of topics with a focus on the safe use of opioids in the management of chronic pain.
- D.Tobin. Chronic Pain Management-Opioid Therapy. In: Rosenbaum JR, Hay S, Whitman LW, eds. Yale Office-based Medicine Curriculum, Volume 4, 8th edition. New Haven, CT: Yale 2014.
- W.Becker, D.Tobin, D.Fiellin. Non-medical use of opioid analgesics obtained directly from physicians: prevalence and correlates. Archives of Internal Medicine 2011;171(11):1034-1036.
- Federman DG, Kravetz JD, Tobin DG, Ma F, Kirsner RS. Full body skin examinations. The patient's perspective. Arch Dermatol. 2004 140:530-534.
- D.Tobin, R.Andrews, W.Becker. Prescribing Opioids in Primary Care: Practical strategies to overcome common challenges. Cleveland Clinic Journal of Medicine 2015; In Press
- B.Doolittle, D.Tobin, I.Genao, M.Ellman, C.Ruser, R.Brienza. Implementing the patient-centered medical home in residency education. Education for Health 2015; 28:74-78.