Acid-Base Equilibrium; Education, Medical; Electrolytes; Internship and Residency; Nephrology; Global Health
MacMillan Center: African Studies | Middle East Studies
Acid-base and electrolyte disorders; Training of nephrologists for resource poor environment world-wide.
- General Medicine:
Residency training and capacity building.
- International health:
Capacity building for resource poor settings; Development of bilateral interinstitutional collaboration in education.
- AG:HCO3 and diagnosis of mixed acid-base disorders Rastegar A: AG:HCO3 and diagnosis of mixed acid-base disorders. J Am Soc Nephrol (2007)
- A. Mixed acid-base disorders Rastegar A. Mixed acid-base disorders. In Gennari FJ, Adrougue HJ, Galla JH, Madaias NE editors. Acid-base disorders and their treatment. Taylor & Francis.2005 pp681-697 (2005).
- Disorders of potassium and acid-base metabolism in association with renal disease Perazella MA, Rastegar A: Disorders of potassium and acid-base metabolism in association with renal disease In: Schrier RW, ed. Diseases of the Kidney. 8th Edition 2006.
- The threat to the universality of science in the post-9/11 world Rastegar A. The threat to the universality of science in the post-9/11 world. Nat Clin Pract Nephrol. 2006 Sep2(9):465.
Full List of PubMed Publications
- Ziganshin BA, Sadigh M, Yausheva LM, Ziganshina AP, Pichugin AA, Sozinov AS, Amirov NK, Rastegar A, Ziganshin AU, Sadigh M: Developing medical education capacity in Russia: twenty years of experience. BMC Med Educ. 2017 Jan 25; 2017 Jan 25. PMID: 28122550
- Siddharthan T, Rabin T, Canavan ME, Nassali F, Kirchhoff P, Kalyesubula R, Coca S, Rastegar A, Knauf F: Implementation of Patient-Centered Education for Chronic-Disease Management in Uganda: An Effectiveness Study. PLoS One. 2016 Nov 16; 2016 Nov 16. PMID: 27851785
- Soleimani M, Rastegar A: Pathophysiology of Renal Tubular Acidosis: Core Curriculum 2016. Am J Kidney Dis. 2016 Sep; 2016 May 14. PMID: 27188519
- Rabin TL, Mayanja-Kizza H, Rastegar A: Medical Education Capacity-Building Partnerships for Health Care Systems Development. AMA J Ethics. 2016 Jul 1; 2016 Jul 1. PMID: 27437821
- Rastegar A: Rational fluid therapy for sepsis and septic shock; what do recent studies tell us? Arch Iran Med. 2015 May. PMID: 25959913
- Pazhayattil GS, Rastegar A, Brewster UC: Approach to the diagnosis and treatment of hyponatremia in pregnancy. Am J Kidney Dis. 2015 Apr; 2014 Dec 24. PMID: 25542410
- Bodnar BE, Claassen CW, Solomon J, Mayanja-Kizza H, Rastegar A: The effect of a bidirectional exchange on faculty and institutional development in a global health collaboration. PLoS One. 2015 Mar 23; 2015 Mar 23. PMID: 25799567
- Vichot AA, Rastegar A: Use of anion gap in the evaluation of a patient with metabolic acidosis. Am J Kidney Dis. 2014 Oct; 2014 Aug 15. PMID: 25132207
- Bunawan NC, Rastegar A, White KP, Wang NE: Djenkolism: case report and literature review. Int Med Case Rep J. 2014 Apr 16; 2014 Apr 16. PMID: 24790471
- Rastegar A: Attending rounds: patient with hypokalemia and metabolic acidosis. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2011 Oct; 2011 Sep 15. PMID: 21921151
- Provenzano AM, Graber LK, Elansary M, Khoshnood K, Rastegar A, Barry M: Short-term global health research projects by US medical students: ethical challenges for partnerships. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2010 Aug. PMID: 20682858
- Rastegar A: Clinical utility of Stewart's method in diagnosis and management of acid-base disorders. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2009 Jul; 2009 Jun 11. PMID: 19520748
- Rastegar A: New concepts in pathogenesis of renal hypophosphatemic syndromes. Iran J Kidney Dis. 2009 Jan. PMID: 19377250
- Rastegar A: Use of the DeltaAG/DeltaHCO3- ratio in the diagnosis of mixed acid-base disorders. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2007 Sep; 2007 Jul 26. PMID: 17656477
- Reisman AB, Hansen H, Rastegar A: The craft of writing: a physician-writer's workshop for resident physicians. J Gen Intern Med. 2006 Oct; 2006 Jul 7. PMID: 16836630
- Bravata DM, Rastegar A, Horwitz RI: How do women make decisions about hormone replacement therapy? Am J Med. 2002 Jul. PMID: 12106619