Amir Mohammad MBBS, MPH
Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine (Occupational Medicine); Staff Physician, Occupational Health Services, VA Connecticut Healthcare System
Active Surveillance of Occupational Injuries & Illnesses among VA Healthcare Workers (HCW).
Healthcare Utilization among OIF/OEF Veterans.
Improving PPD and Influenza Vaccine compliance
among VACT HCW.
Noise-induced Hearing Loss and Risk of sustaining
Occupational Injuries-ALCOA Database.
Quality Improvement and LEAN Projects at VACT HCS.
Current ProjectsVA Projects & Publications:
VA OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH GUIDE BOOK, CEOSH, St. Louis, MO - 3/2011
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH RECORD (keeping) System (OHRS), VACO, 8/2010
- Amir Mohammad, Jay Mobo, Carolyn Lonergan. (Poster) Acceptance of Seasonal Influenza & Monovalent H1N1 Vaccinations among Veterans’ Affairs Healthcare Workers, Sept 2009 – Jan 2010. VA Employee Health Promotion & Disease Prevention Conference April 2010, Bloomington, MN
- Amir Mohammad, Thomas St. Louis, Albert DeLoreto (Poster) Enumerating Injuries & Illnesses among Healthcare workers (HCWs) in CT: What you count depends on where you look. American Occupational Health Conference (AOHC) April 2009, San Diego, CA.
- Mohammad A, Khan Y. Barriers to Timely Screening Colonoscopy: Role of Health Insurance. Conn Med. 2010; 74(4): 201-206
- Mohammad A, Rabinowitz P, Galusha D (Poster) Hearing Loss and the risk of Injuries in Aluminum manufacturing workers: A matched case-control study. American Occupational Health Conference (AOHC) April 2009, San Diego, CA.
- Mohammad A, Khan Y, Trapé M. Serological survey of Mumps Immunity in Health Care Workers during Mumps Epidemic. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2009 Feb;30(2):202-3
- Mohammad A, Mobo BH. Epidemiological investigation of Varicella outbreak among Healthcare workers in the VA West Haven. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol (Under submission)