Steven Coca DO, MS
Assistant Professor (Adjunct) of Medicine (Nephrology)
Departments & Organizations
Acute kidney injury; Chronic kidney disease; Biomarkers more...
- B.S., University of Connecticut, 1996
- D.O., University of New England College of Osteopathic, 2001
- M.S., Yale University Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, 2009
- Coca SG, Ismail-Beigi F, Haq N, Krumholz HM, Parikh CR. Role of Intensive Glucose Control in Development of Renal End Points in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: Systematic Review and Meta-analysisIntensive Glucose Control in Type 2 Diabetes. Arch Intern Med 2012;172:761-9.
- Coca SG, Jammalamadaka D, Sint K, Thiessen-Philbrook H, Shlipak MG, Zappitelli M, Devarajan P, Hashim S, Garg AX, Parikh CR. (for the TRIBE-AKI Consortium). Pre-operative albuminuria predicts acute kidney injury in patients undergoing cardiac surgery. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2012;143:495-502.
- Testani JM, Kimmel, SE, Dries D, Coca SG. Prognostic importance of worsening renal function following initiation of angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor therapy in patients with cardiac dysfunction. Circulation: Heart Failure 2011;4:685-91.