Mark Anthony Perazella MD
Professor of Medicine (Nephrology); Director, Acute Dialysis Unit
Diagnostic utility of urine microscopy in AKI; Adverse renal effects of therapeutic agents and other drugs; Hypotension in ESRD patients during hemodialysis; HIV-related kidney disease; Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis
- Diagnostic utility of urine microscopy in AKI:
Urine sediment utility in distinguishing ATN from prerenal azotemia; Prognostic value of the urine sediment in predicting AKI severity;
- Adverse renal effects of therapeutic agents and other drugs;
- Hypotension in ESRD patients during Hemodialysis:
Role of vasopressin deficiency in intradialytic hypotension (IDH); Utility of midodrine in treatment of IDH; Potential utility of vasopressin in the treatment of IDH
- HIV-related kidney disease:
Diagnosis and management with HAART, Nephrotoxicity of therapeutic agents (HAART); Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis; Treatment with sodium thiosulfate.
- Perazella MA, Markowitz GS: Bisphosphonate nephrotoxicity. Kidney Int 2008;74(11):1385-93.
- Brewster UC, Perazella MA: Proton pump inhibitors: Acute interstitial nephritis and other renal effects. In: DeBroe M, Porter G eds. Clinical Nephrotoxins–Renal Injury from Drugs and Chemicals. pp. 567-578, 2008, 3rd Edition
- Cruz DN, Perazella MA, Ronco C. The role of extracorporeal blood purification therapies in the prevention of radiocontrast-induced nephropathy. Int J Artif Organs. 2008;31(6):515-24.
- Perazella MA: How should nephrologists approach gadolinium-based contrast imaging in patients with kidney disease? Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 2008;3(3):649-51.
- Markowitz GS, Perazella MA: Acute phosphate nephropathy. Kidney Int 2009 Aug 12 [Epub ahead of print].
- Perazella MA: Renal vulnerability to drug toxicity. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 2009;4:1275-83.
- Perazella MA: Advanced kidney disease, gadolinium and nephrogenic systemic fibrosis: The perfect storm. Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertension. 2009 July 20 [Epub ahead of print].
- Gurevich F, Perazella MA: Renal effects of anti-angiogenesis therapy: Update for the internist. Am j Med 2009;122:322-28.