The clinical services provided by our nephrologists and associated clinical teams cover all aspects of kidney disease, both in the inpatient and outpatient settings. The faculty members of the Yale Section of Nephrology provide broad expertise in the diagnosis and management of acute and chronic kidney diseases. We work together as a committed clinical practice group, providing round-the-clock care for patients with renal disease or hypertension and easy accessibility to consultative services, both in our outpatient settings and the inpatient settings.
The services proved by Yale Nephrology are comprehensive. In some circumstances, our services are chiefly consultative and collaborative, working hand-in-hand with referring providers. In other circumstances, our care is longitudinal and we frequently serve as a principal caregiver for the patient. In nearly all instances, care is multidisciplinary, involving other physicians and specialists, nurse practitioners, physician associates, skilled nurses, dietitians, and social workers.
The clinical services provided by Yale Nephrology cover the discipline of nephrology in all its scopes and depths. Special services include:
- Evaluation and care of the patient with Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
- Evaluation and treatment of the patient with Glomerular Diseases/Glomerulonephritis
- Evaluation and treatment of the patient with electrolyte and/or acid-base disorders
- Evaluation and management of the patient with hypertension
- Care of the patient with diabetic kidney disease
- Care of the patient with polycystic kidney disease
- Renal transplant care
- Evaluation and care of the patient with nephrolithiasis
- Evaluation and care of the patient with Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
Our clinical commitment is based on these values:
- Twenty-four hour, 7 day-a-week availability to the patient and the referring physician.
- Open communication with patients, families, and referring physicians.
- Demonstrated excellence in the principles and practices of medicine and nephrology.
- Optimal care that strives to match or exceed the published fundamental clinical practice guidelines.
- A principal care approach to patients with chronic kidney disease, end stage renal disease (ESRD), renal transplantation and hypertension.
- A considered application of new approaches to therapy and diagnosis of renal diseases and their complications.
- Advocacy for our patients.