Michael E. Hurwitz PhD, MD
Assistant Professor of Medicine (Medical Oncology)
Departments & Organizations
Yale Combined Program in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Molecular Cell Biology, Genetics and Development | Molecular Medicine, Pharmacology, and Physiology
Cancer Center, Yale: Prostate and Urologic Cancers Program
Cell migration; Kinase signaling; Phosphorylation; Cytoskeleton; Engulfment; Apoptosis; C. elegans; Cancer biology more...
- AB, Harvard College, 1991
- Ph.D., Rockefeller University, 1997
- M.D., Cornell University Medical College, 1998
- Hurwitz M.E., Vanderzalm P.J., Bloom L., Goldman J., Garriga G., and Horvitz, H.R. (2009) Abl kinase inhibits the engulfment of apoptotic cells in C. elegans. PLoS Biol 7(4): e1000099.
- Vanderzalm, P.J., Pandey, A., Hurwitz, M.E., Bloom, L.., Horvitz, H.R., and Garriga, G. C. elegans CARMIL negatively regulates UNC-73/Trio function during neuronal development. Development. 2009;136: 1201-1210.