Xiaoyong Yang PhD
Associate Professor of Comparative Medicine and of Cellular and Molecular Physiology
Departments & Organizations
Yale Combined Program in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Molecular Cell Biology, Genetics and Development | Molecular Medicine, Pharmacology, and PhysiologyCancer Center, Yale: Signal TransductionComparative Medicine: Integrative Cell Signaling & Neurobiology of Metabolism (ICSNM) | Cellular & Molecular Physiology: Graduate Program in Cellular and Molecular Physiology
Nutrient Sensing; Cell Signaling; Circadian Rhythm; Post-translational Modifications; Metabolic Physiology; Diabetes; Cancer; Aging; Systems Biology more...
- B.S., Nankai University, 1993
- M.S., Peking University, 1996
- Ph.D., University of Alabama at Birmingham, 2001
- Ruan H.B., M.O. Dietrich, Z.W. Liu, M.R. Zimmer, M.D. Li, J.P. Singh, K. Zhang, R. Yin, J. Wu, T.L. Horvath, X. Yang. O-GlcNAc transferase enables AgRP neurons to suppress browning of white fat. Cell 2014, 159:306–17.
- Li M.D., H.B. Ruan, M.E. Hughes, J.S. Lee, J.P. Singh, S.P. Jones, M.N. Nitabach, X. Yang. O-GlcNAc signaling entrains the circadian clock by inhibiting BMAL1/CLOCK ubiquitination. Cell Metab. 2013, 17:303–10.
- Ruan H.B., X. Han, M.D. Li, J.P. Singh, K. Qian, S. Azarhoush, L. Zhao, A.M. Bennett, V.T. Samuel, J. Wu, J.R. Yates III, X. Yang. O-GlcNAc transferase/host cell factor C1 complex regulates gluconeogenesis by modulating PGC-1alpha stability. Cell Metab. 2012, 16:226–37.