Jaimie Meyer MD
Instructor in Medicine (AIDS)
HIV; women's health; prisoners; substance use disorders
Dr. Meyer's research focuses on the intersection between HIV, women's health, and substance use disorders, with particular attention to criminal justice populations.
- Meyer J, Zelenev A, Wickersham J, Williams C, Teixiera P, Altice F. Women Released from Jail Experience Suboptimal HIV Treatment Outcomes Compared to Men: Results from a Multi-Center Study. American Journal of Public Health. In press.
- Meyer J, Wickersham J, Fu J, Brown S, Sullivan T, Springer S, Altice F. Partner Violence and Health among HIV-Infected Jail Detainees. International Journal of Prisoner Health 2013; 9(3): 124-141. DOI: 10.1108/IJPH-03-2013-0011.
- Meyer J, Althoff A, Altice F. Optimizing Care for People with HIV who Use Drugs: Evidence-Based Strategies for Overcoming Healthcare Disparities. Clinical Infectious Disease (2013): Epub ahead of print. PMID: 23797288 DOI: 10.1093/cid/cit427.
- Chitsaz E, Meyer JP, Krishnan A, Springer SA, Marcus R, Zaller N, Jordan AO, Lincoln T, Flanigan TP, Porterfield J, Altice FL. Contribution of Substance Use Disorders on HIV Treatment Outcomes and Antiretroviral Medication Adherence Among HIV-infected Persons Entering Jail. AIDS and Behavior 2013 May 15 PMID: 23673792.
- Meyer J, Qiu J, Chen N, Larkin G, Altice F. Emergency Department Use by Released Prisoners with HIV: An Observational Longitudinal Study. PLoS ONE 2012; 7(8): e42416. PMID: 22879972 PMCID: 3411742