Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome; Epidemiologic Methods; HIV; Prisoners; Women's Health; Substance-Related Disorders; Biostatistics
Public Health Interests
Biostatistics; Epidemiology Methods; HIV/AIDS
School of Nursing
Dr. Meyer's research focuses on the intersection between HIV, women's health, and substance use disorders, with particular attention to criminal justice populations.
Specialized Terms: HIV; women's health; prisoners; substance use disorders
- Meyer J, Cepeda J, Wu J, Trestman R, Altice F, Springer S. Optimization of HIV Treatment during Incarceration: Viral Suppression at the Prison Gate. JAMA Internal Medicine. 2014 May;174(5):721-9. PMID: 24687044 PMCID: PMC4074594
- Gender disparities in HIV treatment outcomes following release from jail: results from a multicenter study. Meyer J, Zelenev A, Wickersham J, Williams C, Teixiera P, Altice F.Gender disparities in HIV treatment outcomes following release from jail: results from a multicenter study. Am J Public Health. 2014 Mar;104(3):434-41
- Williams C, Kim S, Meyer J, Spaulding A, Teixeira P, Avery A, Moore K, Altice F, Simon D, Wickersham J, Murphy-Swallow D, Ouellet L. Gender Differences in Baseline Health, Needs at Release, and Predictors of Care Engagement among HIV-positive Clients Leaving Jail. AIDS and Behavior 2013 Oct;17 Suppl 2:195-202 PMID: 23314801 PMCID: PMC3758427
- Meyer J, Wickersham J, Fu J, Brown S, Sullivan T, Springer S, Altice F. Partner Violence and Health among HIV-Infected Jail Detainees. International Journal of Prisoner Health 2013; 9(3): 124-141. DOI: 10.1108/IJPH-03-2013-0011.
- Meyer J, Althoff A, Altice F. Optimizing Care for People with HIV who Use Drugs: Evidence-Based Strategies for Overcoming Healthcare Disparities. Clinical Infectious Disease (2013): Epub ahead of print. PMID: 23797288 DOI: 10.1093/cid/cit427.
- Contribution of substance use disorders on HIV treatment outcomes and antiretroviral medication adherence among HIV-infected persons entering jail. Chitsaz E, Meyer JP, Krishnan A, Springer SA, Marcus R, Zaller N, Jordan AO, Lincoln T, Flanigan TP, Porterfield J, Altice FL. Contribution of substance use disorders on HIV treatment outcomes and antiretroviral medication adherence among HIV-infected persons entering jail. AIDS Behav. 2013 Oct;17 Suppl 2:S118-27.
- Meyer J, Qiu J, Chen N, Larkin G, Altice F. Emergency Department Use by Released Prisoners with HIV: An Observational Longitudinal Study. PLoS ONE 2012; 7(8): e42416. PMID: 22879972 PMCID: 3411742