Institutions in Cali
- Hospital Universidad del Valle (HUdV) is a major teaching hospital with 700 beds with primary, secondary and some tertiary care.
- Hospital Fundacion Valle del Lili (HFVdL) is a new private hospital with 450 beds and 250 full time physicians.
- A broad range of chronic diseases and violence-related conditions, malaria, dengue, TB.
- Inpatient - open bed wards for men or women and Medico Intermedio - rounds start at 7 am
- Outpatient - Tuesday afternoons during General Med ward rotation
- Call - once a week overnight call and two weekend days over the course of the rotation
- Present lectures/training formally and informally (bring ppt, to be delivered in Spanish)
- Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine
Length of Rotation
- Minimum of six weeks, including travel from the US
- Spanish fluency required; must be documented prior to rotation
- Reimbursement Award amount: $3000
- Housing available with nearby families
- Required paperwork: letter of motivation and other documents submitted to the UdV Office of International Affairs
Goals and Objectives for rotation