Management of Pain in the Elderly
- Barkin RL, Barkin SJ, Barkin DS. Perception, assessment, treatment, and management of pain in the elderly. Clin Geriatr Med. 2005;21:465-490.
- Davis MP, Srivastava M. Demographics, assessment and management of pain in the elderly. Drugs Aging . 2003;20(1):23-57.
- AGS Panel on Persistent Pain in Older Persons. The Management of Persistent Pain in Older Persons. J Am Geriatr Soc 2002;50:S205-S224
- Weiner DK. Office management of chronic pain in elderly. Am J Med. 2007;120:306-15
- O'Mahony S. Managing Pain in the Older Person. J Pain & Palli Care Pharmaco. 2008;22:167-170 (Link to article currently unavailable)
- Collett B, O’Mahoney S, Schofeild P, Closs SJ, Potter J. The assessment of pain in older people. Clin. Med. 2007;7:496-500.
- Pergolizzi J, Böger RH, Budd K, Dahan A, Erdine S, et al. Opioids and the Management of Chronic Severe Pain in the Elderly: Consensus Statement of an International Expert Panel with Focus on the Six Clinically Most Often Used World Health Organization step III Opioids (Buprenorphine, Fentanyl, Hydromorphone, Methadone, Morphine, Oxycodone) Opioids in the management of chronic pain in the elderly. Pain Pract. 2008;8:287-313.