Chief Resident Immersion Training (CRIT)
The Geriatrics Program at Yale invites Chief Residents from all adult specialties and their families for a two day program at the Water's Edge in Westbrook, CT. Older adults make up a high proportion of a Chief Resident's patient load. Since this demographic is growing rapidly, they will find they will be treating more and more older adults during their practice. The curriculum is designed to not only enhance the Chief Resident's knowledge in the care of the older patient, but also enhance the Chief Resident's ability to train their Residents to care for this demographic. Based on a successful program at Boston University, CRIT uses a case-based format, featuring individual discussion and participation by Chief Residents. There are no participation expenses for Chief Residents, Program Directors, and their families.
The 2014 CRIT Weekend will be held May 3rd - 4th. Y-NHH Adult Specialty Chief Residents appointed for the 2014-2015 academic year and their families are invited. If you are interested in attending, please contact Robbin Bonanno for more information.
Below are a few pictures from our June, 2013, CRIT Retreat.
CRIT Photo Gallery
Showing images 0-0 of 0.
- Breaking out into small groups
- Dr. Chandrika Kumar leads a small group during a breakout session.
- Dr. Ronnie Rosenthal speaks to the group on "Frailty in Medical and Surgical Patients".
- Guest Speaker, Dr. Jennifer Kapo, Chief of Palliative Medicine.
- Dr. Juan Torres-Reveron discusses the patient case with Dr. John Moriarty, Internal Medicine Associate Residency Director.
- Dr. Lisa Walke, Co-Director of CRIT and Associate Director of the Yale Fellowship in Geriatric Medicine.
- Residents and their families join the Faculty and their families for dinner on the Essex Dinner Train.
- Residents enjoy a view of Gillette Castle as the dinner train makes its way up the Connecticut River.
- Dr. Richard Marottoli addresses the group on "Assessing the Cares and Needs of Older Individuals".
- Dr. Cooney, Director of the CRIT Program, speaks on Transitions of Care with Dr. Ann Datunashvili.
- CRIT 2013 Faculty and Attendees. Water's Edge Resort, Westbrook, CT
- One of our youngest attendees wishes you a safe trip home.