Education, Medical; Global Health; Ethics, Clinical
Public Health Interests
Research interests include: examining the impact of a curriculum for teaching health professions trainees about ethical challenges that are commonly encountered during short-term clinical rotations abroad; innovative models of primary care for patients with complex medical needs (with a focus on the safe transition from hospital to home); quality improvement efforts in low-resource settings; the use of patient-centered educational tools to facilitate chronic disease care in low-resource settings; and understanding reasons for provider discomfort in caring for patients with noncommunicable diseases in low-resource settings.
- Arora G, Ripp J, Evert J, Rabin T, Tupesis JP and Hudspeth J. Taking it Global: Structuring Global Health Education in Residency Training. J Gen Intern Med. 2016 Aug 16. doi:10.1007/s11606-016-3843-7
- Rabin TL, Mayanja-Kizza H, Rastegar A. Medical education capacity-building partnerships for health care systems development. AMA Journal of Ethics. 2016; 18:710-717. http://journalofethics.ama-assn.org/2016/07/medu2-1607.html.
- Elansary M, Kallem S, Peluso M, Thomas J, Rabin T. Global Health Clinical Ethics. MedEdPORTAL Publication; 2015. Available from: https://www.mededportal.org/publication/10232 (http://dx.doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.10232#sthash.n4WYJanM.dpuf)
- Siddharthan T, Ramaiya K, Yonga G, Mutungi GN, Rabin TL, List JM, Kishore SP and Schwartz JI. Noncommunicable Diseases In East Africa: Assessing The Gaps In Care And Identifying Opportunities For Improvement. Health Affairs, 34, no.9 (2015):1506-1513.
- Mohanan M, Vera-Hernández M, Das V, Giardili S, Goldhaber-Fiebert JD, Rabin TL, Raj SS, Schwartz JI, Seth A. The Know-Do Gap in Quality of Care for Childhood Diarrhea and Pneumonia in India. JAMA Pediatrics. 2015 Apr;169(4):349-57.
- Schwartz JI, Dunkle A, Akiteng AR, Birabwa-Male D, Kagimu R, Mondo CK, Mutungi G, Rabin TL, Skonieczny M, Sykes J, Mayanja-Kizza, H. Towards reframing health service delivery in Uganda: The Uganda Initiative for Integrated Management of Non-Communicable Diseases. Global Health Action. 2015 Jan 5;8:26537.
- Rabin T. Diabetes: Initiating and Managing Insulin. In: Yale Office-based Medicine Curriculum, eds. Julie R Rosenbaum, Seonaid F. Hay, Mary Warner, and Laura M. Whitman, 8th edition (Volume 6). 2015. New Haven, CT: Yale University. http://yobm.yale.edu/
- Rabin T. 2013. Treatment of Diabetes with Non-Oral Agents. In: Yale Office-based Medicine Curriculum, eds. Julie R Rosenbaum, Seonaid F Hay, Mary Warner, and Laura M Whitman, 8th edition. New Haven, CT: Yale University. http://yobm.yale.edu
- Rabin T, Talwalkar JS. 2012. Transition from Pediatric to Adult-Oriented Health Care. In: Yale Office-based Medicine Curriculum, eds. Julie R Rosenbaum, Seonaid F. Hay, Mary Warner, and Laura M. Whitman, 8th edition. New Haven, CT: Yale University. http://yobm.yale.edu/
- Schwartz JI, Rabin TL, and Doolittle BR. Integrated Care of Refugees in a Primary Care Residency Clinic. Journal of Graduate Medical Education: December 2012, Vol. 4, No. 4, pp. 551-551.
- Rabin TL, Schwartz JI. The global health chief resident: modifying an established role, strengthening a collaboration. Med Educ. 2012 Nov;46(11):1128-9.
- Rabin, Tracy. 2012. Type 2 Diabetes Treatment. In: Yale Office-based Medicine Curriculum, eds. Julie R Rosenbaum, Seonaid F. Hay, Mary Warner, and Laura M. Whitman, 8th edition. New Haven, CT: Yale University. http://yobm.yale.edu/
- Kent DM, Mwamburi M, Cash RA, Rabin TL, Bennish ML. Testing therapies less effective than the best current standard: ethical beliefs in an international sample of researchers. Am J Bioeth. 2003 Spring;3(2):W11.