Leora I. Horwitz MD, MHS
Assistant Professor of Medicine (General Medicine)
Departments & Organizations
Patient safety; quality of care; care transfers; medical education more...
- B.A., Harvard University, 1996
- M.D., Harvard Medical School, 2000
- M.H.S., Yale School of Medicine, 2003
- Horwitz LI, Meredith T, Schuur JD, Shah NR, Kulkarni RG, Jenq GY. Dropping the baton: a qualitative analysis of failures during the transition from emergency department to inpatient care. Ann Emerg Med. 2009;53:701-710 e704.
- Horwitz LI, Moin T, Krumholz HM, Wang L, Bradley EH. What are covering doctors told about their patients? Analysis of sign-out among internal medicine house staff. Qual Saf Health Care. 2009;18:248-255.
- Horwitz LI, Moin T, Krumholz HM, Wang L, Bradley EH. Consequences of inadequate sign-out for patient care. Arch Intern Med. 2008;168:1755-1760.