Robert Stanley Sherwin MD
C. N. H. Long Professor of Medicine (Endocrinology); Section Chief, Endocrinology; Director, YCCI
Departments & Organizations
Glucose counterregulation; Brain fuel metabolism; Effect of insulin on brain function; Immune mechanisms leading to type 1 diabetes more...
- B.S., Union College, 1963
- M.D., Albert Einstein College, 1967
- Chan O, Lawson M, Zhu W, Beverly JL, Sherwin RS. ATP-sensitive potassium channels regulate the release of GABA in the ventromedial hypothalamus during hypoglycemia. Diabetes 56:1120-1126, 2007.
- McCrimmon RJ, Song Z, Cheng H, McNay EC, Weikart-Yeckel C, Fan X, Routh VH, Sherwin, RS. Corticotrophin releasing factor (CRF) receptors within the ventromedial hypothalamus (VMH) regulate hypoglycemia-induced hormonal counterregulation. J Clin Invest, 116:1723-1730, 2006.
- McCrimmon RJ, Fan X, Cheng H, McNay EC, Chan O, Shaw M, Ding Y, Zhu, Fan X, Sherwin, RS. Activation of AMP-activated protein kinase within the ventromedial hypothalamus amplifies counterregulatory hormone responses in rats with defective counterregulation. Diabetes, 55:1755-1760, 2006.