Robert Stanley Sherwin MD
C. N. H. Long Professor of Medicine (Endocrinology); Section Chief, Endocrinology; Director, YCCI
Departments & Organizations
Yale Medical Group
Office of Student ResearchClinical Investigation, Yale Center for (YCCI)Internal Medicine: Endocrinology: Diabetes Center, Fellowship Training; Diabetes Research CenterStress & Addiction Clinical Research Program
Glucose counterregulation; Brain fuel metabolism; Effect of insulin on brain function; Immune mechanisms leading to type 1 diabetes more...
- B.S., Union College, 1963
- M.D., Albert Einstein College, 1967
- Chan O, Paranjape S; Horblitt A; Zhu W; Sherwin, R. Lactate-Induced Release of GABA in the Ventromedial Hypothalamus Contributes to Counterregulatory Failure in Recurrent Hypoglycemia and Diabetes. Diabetes 62: 4239-4246, 2013.
- Szepietowska B, Zhu W, Czyzyk J, Eid T, Sherwin RS. EphA5-EphrinA5 Interactions Within the Ventromedial Hypothalamus Influence Counterregulatory Hormone Release and Local Glutamine/Glutamate Balance During Hypoglycemia. Diabetes. 62(4):1282-1288, 2013.
- Page KA*, Seo D*, Belfort-DeAguiar R, Lacadie C, Dzuira J, Naik S, Amarnath S, Constable T, Sherwin RS*, Sinha R*. Circulating glucose levels modulate neural control of desire for high-calorie foods in humans. J Clin Invest; 121:4161-4169, 2011. *equal contribution.